I don’t have a teenage girl in fact, I don’t even have a daughter but I do remember what it was like to be a teenage girl. Those were the days… Boys, drill, boys, music, boys, and more girly things. It wasn’t easy being a teen and I can imagine that it still isn’t. Teens have so much going that sometimes they forget to take care of themselves which means it’s up to us parents to do the job. If you have a teenage girl that you need to help keep healthy then you will be excited to learn I am partnering with Viactiv to share with you 5 Ways to Keep a Teen Girl Healthy.
5 Ways to Keep A Teen Girl Healthy
- Keep her active. As parents we always think it’s younger kids that need to keep active but it’s really anyone including your teenage daughter. Encourage her to join sports teams at school, volunteer, or work a part-time job while in school. These are all great ways to keep her active and healthy.
- Talk with her. Teenagers in general go through a lot but I think girls have it harder (matter of personal opinion). Girls are more emotional beings and they have friends, relationships, and so much more going on (not to mention their hormones) so talking with your daughter can help ease her mind and make her healthier overall.
- Build a strong relationship with her. Talking with your daughter is one thing, but making and maintaining a relationship built on trust and respect is something entirely different. Growing up I had a strong relationship with my parents. They knew what I was doing and where I was going at all times. They allowed me to be a teen because we had that mutual trust. If you don’t show your daughter you have trust in her and her decisions, it could mean she would head down a rebellious path that is an unhealthy one.
- Get her on a schedule. I can remember as a teen I loved being organized and I could imagine how I would have felt (stressed mostly) if I wasn’t. Helping her set up a schedule for school, friends, activities, work, etc. will help her feel better overall. It will also help regulate her sleep patterns and sleep is always important for good health.
- Give her supplements. Teens aren’t the best when it comes to caring for themselves. Sometimes they worry more about their dating issues than food. In fact, according to a 2010 study published in The Journal of Nutrition 85% of teenage girls have calcium-deficient diets. Teens need calcium for good bone health especially since 95% of bone growth happens before your daughter is 20! You can ensure your daughter is getting the right amount of Calcium, Vitamin D, and Vitamin K with supplements. Supplements are the perfect way to ensure she is getting the vitamins and nutrients she needs every day for better overall health.
Viactiv Offers Supplements that taste great
When it comes to choosing a supplement there are so many options. Sure you can buy one from a brand you are familiar with but they are expensive and what happens if they don’t taste great? Well, I can bet you that your daughter will not take them which means wasted time and money.
Viactiv is different! Viactiv is a soft-chew that comes in 2 different flavors: milk chocolate and caramel. Each chew is individually wrapped so your daughter can take it with her where ever she goes. They are tiny enough to find inside her purse, backpack, and even lunch tote. Plus did I mention they are delicious? They are creamy and smooth and so easy to eat.
Each chew contains 500 mg of Calcium, 500 IU of Vitamin D, and 40 mcg Vitamin K and when taken twice a day, they provide 100% of the daily value of calcium for most women. It’s a healthy and delicious way to keep your teen healthy.
For a limited time you can get a $2.00 off printable coupon to save on your purchase of Viactiv. You can them at major retailers nationwide including CVS, Rite Aid, Target, Walgreens and Walmart, as well as supermarkets nationwide. You can learn more on the Viactiv website, Facebook and Instagram.
What is your favorite way to keep your teenage girl healthy?
Viactiv Calcium Soft Chews are available in milk chocolate and caramel flavors at major retailers including CVS, Rite Aid, Target, Walgreens and Walmart, as well as supermarkets nationwide. Save $2 on your next in-store purchase with the Viactiv printable coupon.
This is a product-provided, sponsored conversation on behalf of Viactiv that contains affiliate links. I received Viactiv products for my own personal use. All opinions, text and experiences are my own.