10 Ways to Feel Comfortable in Your Own Home
Your home is supposed to be the place you can unwind and be yourself but sometimes you aren’t comfortable in it. If you can’t be comfortable in your own home then where can you be? We want to help you get that comfortable feeling back so today we’ve partnered with Marie Callender's to bring you 10 Ways to Feel Comfortable in Your Own Home.
10 Ways to Feel Comfortable in Your Own Home
- Create a quiet space. Everyone needs their quite time so create an area within your home where you can relax and enjoy some much needed peace and quite.
- Buy some slippers. Okay this might seem a little too obvious because almost everyone owns a pair of comfortable slippers. However, slippers can make you have that comfy cozy sort of feeling when you are home and certainly relax you.
- Declutter! Clutter can make you feel trapped in your home and make you resent being home. Spend a day (or two) organizing and decluttering your home. You’d be amazed at what some extra space (and breathable air) in your home can do for your feelings towards it.
- Paint your home in cool colors. You may have heard before that the colors of the walls in your home can determine your mood and they can. So choose cooler colors (think blue’s and grays) to brighten up your home and make you feel more calm and relaxed.
- Install a fragrance warmer. Scents can make your home feel like paradise. Choose scents that cater to the changing seasons, holidays, or even good memories. Those can trigger happiness and make you feel comforted.
- Make your home stress free. This may not be the easiest thing to do but try to find what are your stress triggers in your home. Maybe it’s washing dishes (invest in a dishwasher to help) or maybe it’s cooking (you can purchase delicious frozen food to help cut down on time and the need for cooking). Whatever it is, try to cut down the stress so your home is a warm and inviting environment.
- Install a security system. Sometimes it’s the fear of being alone or the fear of us knowing we are not alone that keeps us from feeling safe and comfortable in our homes, security systems can help with that. Install it, turn it on whether you are home or not, and relax.
- Invest in a comfortable sleeping area. The fact is, we spend so much time sleeping throughout our life so it only makes sense to ensure those hours asleep are the best. A mattress, nice sheets, and comfortable pillows are all must-haves.
- Separate work, school, and home. You might have heard that statement “take your work home with you” and I don’t think that is something to necessarily be proud of unless you love it. I think there should be a good separation between work, school, and home simply for the fact you deserve time away from each of the things. It’s easier said then done but try limiting work and school to times in your office only. Having that separation could make you feel comfortable while at home.
- Surround yourself with the ones you love. Whether it’s your spouse, kids, or pets (even a combination of those) surrounding yourself with important loved ones can make you feel cozy and like home is where you heart is.
Marie Callendar's Comforts from Home
When you get down to thinking about it, not everyone has the luxury of choosing whether they feel comfortable in their home or not. The reason for that is because not everyone can be in their own home. A prime example is those that serve our country. They are not only away from their homes, but away from family and friends.
Marie Callender’s realizes how hard it is on those who serve and their families and this fall, Marie Callender's is gearing up to re-launch the Comforts from Home Project by bringing the comforts of home to those who protect America's homes every day: the brave men and women of the U.S. military.
You can visit www.ComfortsfromHome.com to join Marie Callender’s in helping to bring a little bit of home sweet home to our U.S. service men and women overseas. Every time you enter a code from specially-marked packages of Marie Callender's meals or desserts, Marie Callender's will make a donation to the USO to support USO Operation Celebrationâ„¢ which is a program that shares a bit of home with our troops and helps them celebrate the holidays year round.
How you can get involved:
Marie Callender's is holding a Comforts From Home Facebook challenge, driving users to submit their own photos in support of the USO. Submitted photos may be featured on-air during special episodes of Kitchen Crashers(HGTV), Hello/Goodbye(Travel Channel), and Guy's Grocery Games(Food Network).
So make sure to take part in this amazing contest! I cannot wait to hear what your favorite comforting tradition is!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Marie Callender’s. The opinions and text are all mine.