As a busy mom, I’m always looking for healthy snack ideas for kids. Whether it’s for an after-school snack, a midday meal, or just a quick bite, it seems like my kids are always hungry for more!
We’ve partnered with one of our favorite brands, Shamrock Farms, to bring you these protein-packed Healthy Snack Ideas for Kids. Each recipe goes great with Shamrock Farms milk.
Healthy Snack Ideas for Kids
Shamrock Farms milks are pure, fresh and nutritious — with no added hormones! Plus, each flavor offers more than 25 percent of the daily recommended value of protein. It’s so important to make sure your kids are getting the nutrients they need to grow big and strong!
This article contains affiliate links.
1. Yummy Fruit Bars Recipe
Fruit bars are always a big hit to kids. Make it healthier with this recipe!
Ingredients Needed to Make Yummy Fruit Bars Recipe
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 cups toasted O-shaped whole grain oat cereal
- 1/4 cup dried fruit
How to Make Yummy Fruit Bars Recipe
- Stir peanut butter, honey, and cinnamon together in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, then pour mixture over cereal and stir. Mix in dried fruit.
- Spread cereal mixture into a baking pan.
- Refrigerate until firm (about 1 hour).
- Cut into bars and serve.
2. Easy and Sweet Banana Roll Recipe
We love bananas and peanut butter. Turn them into bite sizes and those little hands will surely love them!
Ingredients Needed to Make Sweet Banana Roll Recipe
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 2 bananas
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
How to Make Sweet Banana Roll Recipe
- Mix the honey, peanut butter, and cinnamon in a bowl. Spread mixture onto the tortillas.
- Place a whole banana on each tortilla and roll up. Toast until golden brown on each side in a pan.
- Slice into 1/2 inch rounds, then serve with toothpicks.
3. Healthy Fruit Kabobs Recipe
These healthy fruit kabobs are super easy to make. I love the fruit combos! Mix and match them as you like!
Ingredients Needed to Make Healthy Fruit Kabobs Recipe
- Red Grapes
- 1 orange
- 1 pineapple
- 2 kiwis
How to Make Healthy Fruit Kabobs Recipe
- Cut fruit into bite-sized pieces, then place on skewers in fun patterns.
4. Delectable and Healthy S’mores Recipe
As you can see, these s’mores look like apple burgers, and are packed with iron!
Ingredients Needed to Make Healthy S’mores Recipe
- 1 large apple
- Peanut butter
- Chocolate chips
How to Make Healthy S’mores Recipe
- Wash and core apple, then cut into rings.
- Spread peanut butter on one apple slice and top with granola.
- Add chocolate chips and cover with second apple slice to make a healthy s’more sandwich.
5. Easy No-Bake Energy Bites Recipe
Start the morning right with these yummy and easy-to-make energy bites!
Ingredients Needed to Make No-Bake Energy Bites Recipe
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup toasted coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup nut butter (almond, sunflower or peanut to suggest a few!)
- 1 cup dry oatmeal
How to Make No-Bake Energy Bites Recipe
- Pour all ingredients into medium size bowl.
- Stir ingredients until combined.
- Roll into balls.
- Refrigerate until firm.
6. Protein Popsicle Smoothies Recipe
My kids love this popsicle recipe! They never knew how healthy this one is!
Ingredients Needed to Make Protein Popsicle Smoothies Recipe
- 1/2 cup Shamrock Farms Strawberry Reduced Fat mmmmilk
- 1 cup Greek vanilla yogurt
How to Make Protein Popsicle Smoothies
- Pour Shamrock Farms Strawberry Reduced Fat Milk and Greek vanilla yogurt into blender.
- Add a handful of each kind of berries.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add the mixture to your favorite popsicle molds.
- Freeze for 3 to 4 hours and enjoy.
Have you tried making these healthy snack ideas? Which one is your kiddo’s favorite? Share in the comments!