There are few things in life I enjoy like there is no tomorrow. Chocolate mouse is one of them. It’s not a shocker that my kids love it too. I mean, who doesn’t love it? Especially when it becomes smooth and creamy and just melts in your mouth. It’s like chocolate, only thousand times better.
What if I tell you that not only you can make your own chocolate mousse but also you only need 2 ingredients. 2!
One of them is water. Guess what’s the second ingredient…
2 ingredient chocolate mousse
- 10 ounces (270g) of dark chocolate. At least 70% cocoa.
- 1 cup of water
1. Chop the chocolate. Put it in the sauce pan on medium heat, add 1 cup of water and let it melt while you mix it.
2. While the chocolate is melting on the stove prepare a bigger bowl with some ice and cold water in it.
3. Take it off the stove when the chocolate melts and put it in the different bowl and place it on the ice.
4. Start mixing with a whisk for 2-3 minutes or until it starts to thicken up. (this step is the most important one, make sure not to miss when the chocolate starts to become thicker).
5. Remove the bowl with chocolate and pour it in serving glasses of your choice. Leave it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
You can also add some salt or other spices to your mousse as well as some fruit on top.
Enjoy! It will melt in your mouth. I promise that!
This is where my chocolate bowls go before they arrive to dishwasher … on my child’s face.
So next time kids as for a fancy dessert – make sure to try this 2 ingredient chocolate mousse recipe. It won’t take long to make. 5 minutes or so.
P.S. Make sure to keep a secret stash for yourself, because – I tell you – this thing goes astronomically fast! Trust me on this!