Whether it’s Valentine’s Day or just a so-so day, you can’t go wrong with puff pastry. These 4-ingredient treats are so simple to make that our preschoolers did the honors, and we’ll show you how.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- whipping cream
- jam (we used strawberry, you can use whatever you like but a red jam will produce a nice pink filling like this, without food coloring at all)
- store-bought puff pastry cups
- fresh berries for garnish (we used raspberries, you can use whatever is available)
HOW YOU MAKE THEM:
- Follow instructions for cooking puff pastry cups. Typically you’ll set them on an ungreased baking sheet, bake for about 10 minutes at 450 degrees F, then push down the insides of the cups as they cool. Use the handle of a wooden spoon or your finger.
- Meanwhile combine about 1 pint of whipped cream with 3-4 tablespoons of jam and whip until you have firm peaks. Give or take with the jam until you have the color and consistency you want.
- Fill cups with a small spoon and place a berry on top.
No food coloring, no extra sugar. Just flaky, sweet and creamy desserts your kids will devour–and enjoy making too.
Do eat them within 24 hours because the pastry doesn’t like to be stored in the fridge with gooey toppings like these, but we bet they’ll be long gone before that time anyway.