Finding the perfect roast recipe is different for each family, especially a roast recipe that kids will eat. I personally can remember as a child sitting down to Sunday dinner and smelling my grandmother’s roast beef before it hit the table.
It was sliced perfectly and oh so juicy, everyone at the table was chomping at the bit! As I grew up I learned that there’s more than one way to roast a cut of meat.
25 Mouth Watering Kid-Friendly Roast Recipes
While there are many different cuts of meat we’ve collected several different beef cuts, some pork roasts and recipes for roasting chicken.
You may also love roast goose or duck, and of course roast lamb and venison among others.
However, the first group of roasts are generally preferred by kids over the latter as duck, lamb, and venison have gamier and more wild, stronger, flavors.
Before you get started, check out my favorite Slow Cookers, available from our affiliate, Amazon!
Family Favorite Beef Roasts
These beef roasts and briskets are family favorites and are all flavorful and tender. Everyone will be happy with these recipes and there are many too choose from!
Beef Chuck Roasts Your Family Will Love
Beef chuck is generally a tougher cut of meat, but that also makes it a cheaper cut. It is great for a big family.
But don’t let this tougher cut intimidate you. Slow cooking it with various liquids, vegetables, and spices can make it delicious and tender. It is one of the roasts I ate most as a child, and it was one of my favorites.
- Mexican-Style Pot Roast – The Nerd’s Wife
- Easy Pot Roast – My Natural Family
- Chuck Roast with Balsamic & Dijon – The Wicked Noodle
Beef Round or Rump Roasts Your Family Will Devour
Rump roasts are a very common roast that everyone makes. However, it can be a little finicky as some can be dry roasted. But most cuts are better braised and slow cooked in a pot or crock pot.
It seems like a little more work, but you won’t regret it. Your family and kids will love this roast as it will be tender and fall apart.
- Mad Men Style Pot Roast – Kid’s Activities Blog
- Slow Cooker Roast with Brandy Sauce – Amanda’s Cookin ™
- Sliced Roast Beef – A Sweet Pea Chef
- Top of the Round Roast – A Family Feast
Beef Top Sirloin or Sirloin Tip Roasts Your Kids Will Love
Beef top sirloin is a medium priced roast. It’s a nicer cut than chuck roasts, but it is still a tender cut.
Tender means a softer and juicier roast for you and makes it a good roast for kids.
- Perfect Sunday Roast – Amanda’s Cookin ™
- Southwestern Crusted Roast Beef – Barefeet in the Kitchen
- Horseradish-Crusted Roast Beef – Food & Wine
Kid-Friendly Beef Brisket Roast Recipes
Believe it or not, brisket is a tougher cut of meat. It needs to be slow cooked, well seasoned, and does well being smoked. It is one of those cuts that takes many hours to cook.
But when done correctly it is perfection. This is one of the best kid roasts because it can be flavored so many different ways and is great with a sweet BBQ.
- Beef Brisket Pot Roast – Simply Recipes
- Beef Brisket in Tomato Onion Gravy – Amanda’s Cookin ™
- Braised Brisket with Bourbon-Peach Glaze – Epicurious
- Apple Cider Braised Brisket – Simple Bites
- Coffee Rubbed Roasted Brisket – Whole Foods
Pork Roast Recipes Your Family Will Love
Pork is tricky It’s one of those meats that can quickly dry out if not cooked properly. The key to a deliciously juicy pork roast is the right temperature. So be sure to use your meat thermometer!
The correct temperature by the way is 195 degrees Fahrenheit in case you were wondering.
- Slow Cooker Oriental Pork Roast – Amanda’s Cookin ™
- Bacon Wrapped Pork with Mustard Sauce – Foodlets
- Sirloin Pork Roast – Amanda’s Cookin ™
- Autumn Pork Roast – Taste of Home
- Rosemary Maple Mustard Pork Roast – Lauren’s Latest
The Best Roast Chicken For Kids
Probably the most cooked type of poultry on the planet, chicken is a household favorite. Roasting it who is truly a treat and is another good roast for kids. It’s versatile and most of us have eaten quite a bit of chicken so it is familiar.
- Simple Roasted Chicken – Give Recipe
- Lemon Rosemary Roast Chicken – Sand & Sisal
- Slow Roasted Sticky Chicken with Roasted Vegetables – Amanda’s Cookin ™
- How to Roast a Whole Chicken in the Crockpot – Family Fresh Meals
- Ina Garten’s Perfect Roast Chicken – Stone Gable