Over the past few months, my daughter has requested one hairstyle more than any other hairstyles–the Elsa braid. At first, it was all about Elsa, and then it was just about having a cute side braid that everyone complimented her on all the time.
This braid is also regularly referred to as the “Hunger Games Katniss Braid” in my house. We’ve got a lot of use out of this braid!
How To Make an Elsa Braid:
- Start by brushing hair over to the side.
- Grab a small piece of hair and split it into three pieces.
- Braid those pieces as normal one time.
- Grab a piece from below the hair (like you would with a french braid, except we are only doing the bottom side, not the top) and add it into the braid.
- Repeat this step until you come to the ear.
- Now grab the front portion of hair and add it ingot he top section of the braid and braid it down the shoulder.
- Secure with an elastic and you have an awesome Elsa braid!
Here’s a video to help you along:
Check out these other hairstyles for girls here!