Learning boxes are containers filled with individual activities or crafts for your kids to do. Planning out learning activities and keeping them stored and ready is a great way to keep them busy and always be prepared!
The idea of having several fun learning activities ready and right at your fingertips is genius. This list of creative learning boxes was inspired by Teachers of Good Things. She has so many wonderful ideas!
10 Preschool Learning Boxes
1. This little box is perfect for entertaining your preschooler in the car. If you are taking a road trip this summer, you are definitely going to want to bring one of these!
2. Engaging their mind and hand-eye coordination are just two of the ways your preschooler can benefit from these.
3. Use alphabet tiles for early letter recognition and matching.
4. Use legos to help teach numbers. Write numbers in numerals and letters on legos and have your kids match them.
5. Let them have a small box of alphabet beads along with strips of paper with letters on them to match.
6. Make a mystery box for your kids to explore their sense of touch. Have them only use their hands (no peeking!) to feel around inside the box and guess what the object is.
7. Help them learn the alphabet with legos! Mark them with the lower case and upper case version of the letter and have them match. You can give them alphabet flash cards for reference.
8. As they master their numbers, move onto counting by tens with this activity using legos.
9. Help your kids learn to spell by giving them clothes pins with letters written on them and matching them to the correct letters on your alphabet strips (free printable).
10. Make your own beach in a box! Fill a tub with play sand and items you would find at the beach like seashells. Let them dig around with a plastic shovel and explore.