We always have fun visiting Bass Pro Shops. We can’t seem to go there without staying for a few hours. There is so much to see and do – plus it’s air conditioned which is so important during these hot Texas summers.
My kids especially love the GIANT fish tank and humongous waterfall overhead.
And now there’s one more reason to hang out at Bass Pro Shops.
Every summer, Bass Pro Shops puts on some great FREE activities for kids and families. They offer activities such as a shooting gallery, shooting range, casting pond, crafts, s’mores, and even a photo of yourself on the cover of Field and Stream magazine. They also offer free workshops. Be sure to pick up your FREE 52 page summer fun guide while you’re there!
She Is Dallas info: Bass Pro Shops is located at 2501 Bass Pro Drive in Grapevine. For more information, please call them at 972-724-2018 or visit the Bass Pro Shops website.
Family Summer Camp Workshops
Workshops are FREE! They last about 20 minutes and are held every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday through July 10th (see schedule below). Earn a pin for every workshop you complete.
- Archery – Hit the Bull’s eye! Learn the history of this great sport from its beginning to modern practices. We’ll cover the basics of archery and review bowhunting and bowfishing. Workshop is held on Tuesdays at 3:00, Thursdays at 5:00, and Saturdays at 3:00.
- Shooting Basics – Taking Aim! This workshop will provide hands-on, interactive demonstrations that cover the basics of target shooting. Discover your dominant eye and learn about gun safety. Workshop is held Tuesdays at 5:00 and Sundays at 3:00.
- Fishing Basics – Go Fish! Get some great fishing tips! Learn how to set up a rod and reel and choose the best baits. Try out some casting and learn about different types of fish, where they live, and what they eat. Workshops are held Thursdays at 2:00, Saturdays at noon, and Sundays at 2:00.
- Bird Watching – Vacation with the birds! Learn to detect and identify birds in the wild by their songs and markings. Test your skills with hands-on activities using binoculars. Workshops are held Thursdays at 3:00 and Sundays at 1:00.
- Camping Basics – Camping Discovery! Discover how fun camping in the outdoors can be. Test your skills in setting up a tent. Workshops are held Tuesdays at 6:00 and Saturdays at 1:00.
- Outdoor Pets – Protecting Your Pet! We’ll cover everything you need to know to keep your pet safe in the car, on the water, and in the great outdoors. Workshops are held Tuesdays at 2:00 and Sundays at 4:00.
- Plants and Insects – Discover Another World! You will be able to identify common plants and insects after attending this workshop. Learn fun facts like what bugs enjoy eating and what plants to avoid.
- Animal Identification – Discover Scat and Tracks! Learn how to identify animals from the tracks they leave in the mud and from the scat they leave behind. Interactive demonstrations of various tracks, pelts, and scat will help you figure out which critter is living nearby. Workshops are held Tuesdays at 4:00 and Saturdays at 2:00.
- Hiking Basics – Trekking Through the Summer! Learn how to use a map and a compass to keep you on track while hiking! This workshop will teach you the best way to dress and what you should always be sure to take along with you on a hiking adventure. Workshops are held Thursdays at 4:00 and Sundays at noon.
Also on Saturday nights from 7:00 – 8:00 pm you can make your own S’mores!
There are also different craft activities each week from 4:00 – 6:00 on Tuesdays and Thursdays and from 2:00 – 5:00 on Saturdays and Sundays. These are FREE!
- June 11, 12 – Make a Camping Photo Frame
- June 14, 16, 18, 19 – Make Your Own Leather Keychain
- June 21, 23, 25, 26 – Paint a Wiggle Fish
- June 28, 30, and July 2, 3 – Design Your Own Birdhouse
- July 5, 7, 9, 10 – Stamping Fun with Animal Tracks
Last year, Nicholas decorated a leather key chain.
With Father’s Day around the corner, Nicholas decided to make the key chain for Daddy so he wrote, “#1 Dad” on it.
Of course, any trip to Bass Pro is not complete without pretending to drive a few boats!
Thank you, Bass Pro Shops for a simple afternoon of air conditioned family fun!