One of our favorite things to do around the holiday is to try to take in as many Holiday Light Displays as we can. And with so many here in the Dallas area, it is difficult to see them all. That’s why we have created a list of the Top 10 Free Holiday Lights Displays that you must see this year! Many of the listed displays are collecting for charities, so please help out where you can.
Print this list out, throw the family in car and go enjoy some lights!
1. Gordon Lights (4665 Quincy Lane, Plano, TX): One family’s home that lights up each night with 125,000 lights. It is timed to music that can be picked up on your car radio. This home is collecting money, gift cards, and other donations for Operation Homefront. Nightly from 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm (11 pm weekends) thru January 6.
2. Highland Park (Armstrong Parkway/Preston Road): Driving through the lights of Highland Park was always a tradition for us, so we love to go through them with our kids. Many homes light up brilliantly for the holidays, also a fun neighborhood to ride through in carriage. Nightly thru December 31.
3. Pharr’s Christmas Extravaganza (14535 Southern Pines Cove, Farmers Branch, TX): Over 200,000 lights adorn this Farmers Branch home set to fun Christmas music. A train runs nightly from 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm and Santa visits on the weekends. This home collects food & toys for Metro Crest Social Services. Nightly starting at 5:45 pm -10:00 pm (11:00 pm on weekends) thru January 1.
4. McKinney Lights (7805 White Stallion Trail, McKinney, TX): Over 80,000 lights all set to 6 different songs, this McKinney light display has been grower bigger each year. This home is collecting new, unwrapped toys for Toys for Tots. Nightly 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm (12:00 am weekends) thru December 31.
5. Grayson County 10th Annual Holiday Light Show (Sherman, TX): Just a quick drive north up to Sherman to drive through this fantastic holiday light trail. Located in Loy Lake Park, you can see the entrance from I-75. Free drive-thru light trail. Nightly 5:30 pm – 10:00 pm thru December 31.
6. Deerfield Neighborhood Holiday Lights (Plano): This Plano neighborhood is known for it’s fantastic lights, as the whole neighborhood gets into the fun. Detailed driving maps are available as well as information on Carriage Ride rentals here. Nightly thru December 31.
7. Interlochen Lights Display (Randol Mill Rd & Westwood Dr, Arlington): More than 200 homeowners dress up their homes in lights & animated displays. Nightly December 14-25, 2012 from 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm.
8. Farmers Branch Holiday Tour of Lights (13000 William Dodson Parkway, Dallas, TX): Starting at the Farmers Branch City Hall and winding around the parking area, over 300,000 lights bring this display to life with pirate ships, trains, and even Santa. This tour accepts donations new, unwrapped toy donations. Nightly 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm through December 31.
9. Holiday Express Riding Train (156 Hidden Circle, Richardson, TX): A Christmas Train ride that takes you through a wonderful display of lights featuring Disney Yard Art, dancing lights, and an electric waterfall. Nightly 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm through December 31.
10. Frisco Christmas (4015 Bryson Drive, Frisco, TX): This Christmas Display consists of over 85,000 lights synchronized to music. This home is collecting canned goods for Frisco Food Bank/ Frisco Family Services Center. Nightly from 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm through December 29.