The Mayor’s Summer Reading Program for Dallas is having two Kick-off Parties this weekend and you and your kiddos are invited to attend and celebrate a love of reading!
The Mayor’s Summer Reading Progams are for Dallas area children who are 18 and younger and includes those who read by themselves as well as those who participate by listening to stories being read to them.
She Is Dallas Info: The Dallas Mayor’s Summer Reading Program will run from June 2nd through August 11, 2012. Participation in the Mayor’s Summer Reading program is completely FREE! 2,173 readers have signed up so far! See below for more information about the program or visit the Dallas Public Library website.
The Summer Reading Kick-Off parties will take place on Saturday, June 2, 2012. The first party takes place from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm at the Fretz Park Branch located at 6990 Belt Line Rd and will feature performances by David Chicken! The second party will take place from 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm at the Prairie Creek Branch located at 9609 Lake June Road and will feature performances by Dorayne Breedlove!
- The summer reading program will run from June 2nd through August 11th, 2012.
- A Dallas Public Library card is encouraged, but not required to participate in the program.
- Register online or at your local branch.
- Spend at least 5 hours reading or listening each week. If you are under 10 years old then only 3 hours of reading or listening each week is required.
- Prizes will be awarded weekly so be sure to visit each and every week!
- Final day to pick up prizes is Saturday, August 11, before closing.
- Attend events, write reviews and participate in other activities to earn entries into grand prize drawings!
- Readers may choose any reading material, such as books, magazines, audio books,
- It is the time spent reading or listening that is important, not the number of titles read.