It’s spring, and you know what that means, right? The Cottonwood Art Festival in Richardson!
|Cottonwood Art Festival, music pavilion area|
I’m excited because this year Little Sir is finally old enough to participate in the ArtStop activities at the festival this year! Although admission to the festival is free, some ArtStop activities require 1-4 tickets at $1 each, available at the event.
This year's ArtStop Activity Stations include:
- Crazy Cool Caps “ Let the kids show off their pint-sized personalities by creating their own over-the-top hat! There is plenty of glitter, feathers, pompons, ribbon and foam shapes for all to use!
- Throwin ™ Mud “ It's ok for the kids to play in the mud at this activity station with Masta Potta, Mr. Kirby!
- Canvas Classics “ Be an artist by painting your very own canvas painting.
- Bag Full of Color “ Kids can go green while using their imaginations to paint canvas backpacks, which are handy for toting around their Cottonwood ArtStop masterpieces!
- Petite Pottery “ Just in time for Mother's or Father's day! Kids can paint their own petite pottery, the perfect gift for mom and dad.
- The Big Picture “ Kids can leave their mark on Cottonwood Art Festival by painting a piece on the Monster Mural!
Other ArtStop activities include Chalk Board Easels (for young children), Chisel Away (kids chisel on a large block of plaster) and Magnetic pieces (make a picture by adding magnets to large magnetic boards).
All the important facts about the festival:
Now in its 44th year, the Cottonwood Art Festival is the premier fine arts event in North Texas.
The twice-a-year event generates more than $2 million in art sales annually. The festival has extended its hours and is set for 10 AM “ 8 PM Saturday and 10 AM “ 6 PM Sunday, May 5-6, 2012, at Cottonwood Park, 1321 W. Beltline Rd., in Richardson, TX 75080. Admission and parking are free. Full details are available at www.cottonwoodartfestival.com or 972-744-4581.
I hope to see you there!