Yipeeeee…skippeeeeee! Potluck is here. Thank God for Mondays.
Today I am NOT serving “Um, anything with Mayo.,,,,cuz most potlucks are for a picnic type thing around here…and well Mayo and the california sun just don’t mix!!!” for Marcy @ The Glamorous Life. Marcy, you are so right. Around here the Texas summer has officially moved onto the HOT SETTING. The last thing I want to do is see my RSS stats drop due to food poisoning.
I am also wearing a hairnet.
I interrupt this potluck for an awards ceremony:
The funny, amazing, talented and hot Tootsie Farklepants was so sweet to send this my direction. Thanks Tootsie!
I am passing it on to the following favorites:
1. To Liz at Yes and So My Heart who writes from the heart in a way that lets me take a peek into her world. I read her often because I never leave without a warm feeling.
2. To Angie at KEEP BELIEVING whose two boys could be exchanged with two of mine and it would take me awhile to figure it out. Some days our mommy days run pretty parallel. Oh, and you have to go see her 80s hair.
3. To Misty at Rainy Day in May. I always sigh in relief when I visit there. I don’t know why, but it just is a comforting place to be.
4. To my dear friend Madge at Mad Madge World who I am supporting in her self-challenge: NaMaIGoToPoEvDaFoThNe37DaMoWhIsMoThAMoBuWhTheHeItMyBlMo. She is also in desperate need of a calendar which is quite ironic since that is what she sent me for Christmas…oh, it is just the cutest thing from Etsy that just makes me squeal in delight when I gaze upon its super artistic pages.
5. And last, but NEVER least is Kalynne at The Philosopher Mom who has the trifecta of being funny (funny ALWAYS comes first around here), smart and HOT.
Ryan (7) comes running over to me proclaiming, “Reid (5) is calling me bad names!” I turn to Reid and tell him that it isn’t nice to call his brother naughty names. He says, “I am not calling him naughty names! I am just calling him Captain Crunch.”
This week someone was Nirvana bound after Googling, “our toilets clogged, husband”. I love the perfectly placed comma. FYI: Around here it is “our toilets clogged, Mommy” so I can’t help ya there.
Another dear reader arrived after the Google, “what is with my butt?”. I can’t help you with YOUR butt, but I have a sneaking suspicion that they might enjoy the following:
Donut use continues. I also went to the doctor regarding a suspicious looking mole. Holy crap people! What am I? 80 years old? Just a second…let me turn up my hearing aids to hear your answer…
Let’s find out who is this week’s Peep of the Week!
“I think Target needs to watch a little Noggin.“
Thanks Holly at Anglophile Football Fanatic…You are this week’s peep of the week!
I am about to reveal…
Flaming Hot Cheetos.*
*OK, I lied a little. The full disclosure is that they are not actually physically IN the fruit bowl. They are sitting in very close proximity to the fruit bowl. There is nothing in the fruit bowl. I thought about putting SOMETHING (quite frankly, anything) in the fruit bowl so something would be in the fruit bowl. Because really, there has been NOTHING in the fruit bowl before and how fun is that? So, here I am suffering from fruit bowl reporting anxiety disorder (F.B.R.A.D).
I am off to buy fruit.
Please tune in tomorrow for the Premier of a Nirvana films presentation.
Happy, Happy Monday. May your fruit bowl be full…