This is the anticipated picture (taken from below as it was hanging) of the ball dropped at my house.
We didn’t have the timing down as well as NYC, but they are 99 tries ahead of us. From all accounts it was a party-pleaser. I had so much fun with it I am thinking of instituting it as a regular part of the boys’ bedtime routine…countdown to 7:30…10, 9, 8, 7…there is nightly fanfare around bedtime that rivals New Year’s Eve parties around the globe.
I don’t usually write New Year’s Resolutions. I don’t usually keep New Year’s Resolutions. But, 2008 could be the year of my accountability to you, dear reader, and the random blog public. This blog could be used to improve my life, like a Tony Robbins seminar or a “The Secret” book. This blog could hold my feet to the fire and create consequences beyond the natural. This blog could be a window of opportunity and a door on which opportunity knocks (I have been told I make a better door than a window…does that have something to do with opportunity?) Because as blog-Stedman points out, “its not like you are making any money off that blog”, I say to you blog, “get with the program!” So in attempt to create some usefulness in this blog other than free therapy and the adrenaline rush of watching site stats, I give you my 2008 goals in measured precision befitting the “retired” PT I am. It is my little 2008 plan of care (POC):
1. “Grumpy Holly” may only make one appearance (no longer than 35 minutes twice that day) a calendar month. Unused minutes may not be saved or rolled over.
2. “Running on Empty Holly” is eliminated. Gas tank must be filled at 1/2 level 75% of the time with the remaining 25% utilized at no less than 1/4 full. Holly will go 365 days without seeing the glow of the gas light.
3. “Rachel Ray Holly” will provide her family a meal (the nutritious part is best suited for 2009 list…lets get realistic) 5/7 nights a week that doesn’t include some form of pizza (not excluding pizza buns, frozen pizza, delivery pizza, pizza on toast, pizza on a pita, pizza rolls, pizza bites, pizza on a bagel, or homemade pizza).
4. “Snazzy Holly” will emerge exponentially throughout 2008. Holly’s new clothing purchases will be thought-out, improve the overall wardrobe and decrease the appearance of any form of “mommy uniform”. Early in 2008 credit will be given for the current state of the wardrobe, but by year’s end frumpy credits will no longer be extended.
5. “HRH Holly” will blog daily to fulfill her obligation to 365. (Although this seems difficult, it will be a cinch compared to the numbers 1-4.)
OK blog, 2008 is your chance to justify your existence.