Are your kids currently going through the fascination with construction equipment, cement trucks, and other large vehicles? It’s such a popular phase for younger ones and it’s always fun to drive by a construction site and see the vehicles at work.
But an amusement park in New Jersey is taking this fascination to the next level with the opportunity for your kids to actually operate their favorite construction vehicles!
Diggerland USA is the first, and so far only, construction themed amusement park in the United States. The park is located in West Berlin, New Jersey, near Philadelphia, and features a plethora of construction vehicles that kids can actually operate.
Most of the attractions at Diggerland are real, diesel powered, full-size, pieces of construction equipment.
With the help of engineering modifications, each of these vehicles is now safe to operate by the public, not just licensed construction workers. Children as small as 36 inches tall are able to operate at least some of the equipment on their own and with parental assistance, they can use any vehicles there.
According to Diggerland, “Guests who visit Diggerland can drive full size backhoes, dig giant holes with real excavators, and operate just about every sort of construction machine you might imagine – from the skid-steers to the recently unveiled ARGOs, made famous by their amphibious qualities.”
Besides all the fun with construction vehicles, Diggerland offers ropes courses, arcades, an off-road course with military vehicles, and rock walls. This summer, the all new Water Main water park has been added to Diggerland to cool off from all that work.
For more information or to plan a visit, the Diggerland website has all the details for pricing and scheduling.
OTHER COOL THINGS KIDS WILL LOVE:
- Try these crafts in 5 min!
- Check out our favorite halloween games.
- Make edible playdough
- Create your own homemade bubbles.
- Kids love dinosaur crafts! RAWR.
- Play these 50 science games for kids
- Check out these LEGO organizer ideas so your kids can get back to playing!
- Make reading even more fun with this PB kids summer reading challenge.
- Try these easy cookie recipes with few ingredients.
- Make this homemade bubble solution.
- Make being stuck at home fun with our favorite indoor games for kids.
- Coloring is fun! Especially with our Fortnite coloring pages.
- Check out these activities perfect for two-year-olds and three-year-olds!