Gluten Free Tofu, Spinach, and Mushroom is not only gluten-free, but an excellent vegetarian healthy lunch option. Eat it alone or I find it over a helping of brown rice to be the absolute best. It’s low calorie and low carb, if you choose to opt out of the rice. Perfect for your weight-loss goals!
Ingredients for Gluten Free Tofu, Spinach, and Mushroom
- 1 Tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 package extra firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 2 cups of sliced mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp of Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 cup of baby spinach
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce
- 2 1/2 Tbsp of water
Directions for Gluten Free Tofu, Spinach, Mushroom
- Add coconut oil to the skillet, adjust to medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and cook until they are brown (~4-5 minutes).
- Tofu should be drained and dry at this point. Coat tofu with flour. Add to skillet with minced onions. Cook until golden brown.
- Add spinach. Cook until wilted (~3 minutes).
- Add soy sauce and water. Turn off heat and let mixture simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve over rice of your choosing.
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 5 servings
Nutrition (without rice):
Calories 149 kcal
Protein 16 g
Fat 9 g
Carb 8 g
Fiber 3 g
Sugar 1 g