There is a reason Greenville, SC is known as a family friendly town. It is filled with wonderful places to explore and play. There are wonderful family friendly places to eat. Museums to inspire us and science centers to help us appreciate the world around us.
There are zillions of things to do here.
It was hard to pick just a few to share with you.
10 Things to Do with Kids in Greenville, SC
1. The Children’s Garden at Linky Park – This interactive garden was designed for children to play and learn in. We love the flowers displayed in a giant rainbow and the plant for every letter of the alphabet display.
2. Falls Park on the Reedy River – Walking across the suspended bridge and walking winding paths down to the river are things we love to do at this park. Oh! and the train themed splash pad just a few steps away.
3. Mice on Main – Following the clues found on an online scavenger hunt is such fun. We walk up and down Main Street looking for small mouse sculptures.
4. The Children’s Museum of the Upstate – Three stories of fun are stored in this wonderful museum. We love the construction site area and the water play area.
5. McPherson Park – McPherson Park features a free outdoor minature golf course, a playground and walking trails.
6. Greenville Zoo – The Greenville Zoo features giraffes, elephants and a menagery of other animals. Its compact size makes it possible to visit the whole zoo in a morning.
7. Discovery Island – Discovery Island is one of three waterparks run by the Greenville Park and Recreation system. We love the splash pad with climbing area and the lazy river. There are also water slides and a Flow Rider.
8. Greenville Drive (Minor League Baseball) – Whether it is watching a game or playing on their playground kids seems to love going to the Greenville Drive Games
9. South Carolina Children’s Theater – We love seeing shows in their second stage. It is a small theater where children can get upclose to the performances.
10. Roper Mountain Science Center – This is my son’s favorite place to go. They have hands on science areas, a colonial farm, a planetarium, and walking trails. Roper Mountain Science Center hosts a family activity day the second Saturday of the moth.
As you can see there are lots of things to do in and around Greenville, South Carolina.You can get out and explore or head inside and be entertained.It is a wonderful place for families to visit and enjoy.Powered by Sidelines