Just Keep Swimming….Just Keep Swimming… That is what you are going to hear when your little ones get to bathe with this Homemade Finding Dory Soap. It’s loaded of their favorite characters and it smells amazing! A fun project to do while it’s too hot to play outside!
What You Will Need to Make Homemade Finding Dory Soap:
- 8 ounces Clear Glycerin Melt-and-Pour Soap
- 1 Drop Turquoise Soap Colorant (you can also use neon blue food coloring)
- Mini Finding Dory Buttons
- Mini Sealife Figures
- Cosmetic Glitter (optional)
- 2-3 Drops Lemon Essential Oil
- 91% Isopropyl Alcohol in a spray bottle
- Rectangle Soap Mold
- Knife or Soap Cutter
- Microwave Safe Glass Meausring Cup
- Spoons or Sticks
How to Make Homemade Finding Dory Soap:
- Cut your melt and pour soap into cubes and place into your measuring cup.
- Heat for 30 seconds in the microwave then remove and stir. Repeat until melted (about 1 minute total). Tip: Do not allow the soap to burn as it will smell terrible and not be very useful as soap.
- Add 1-2 drops of the turquoise soap colorant (or food coloring) and stir well. You don’t want it to be too dark or you won’t see the toys when you add them.
- Add the essential oils. You only need a few drops then stir.
- Add the cosmetic glitter (if you are using any) and stir well. You only need a small pinch of glitter.
- Pour about a half inch of melted soap into your mold and allow to cool and harden for a few minutes.
- Spray the soap with the alcohol and watch the bubbles disappear.
- Once that layer is a little hard, spray the toys liberally with the alcohol (this helps bind the layers of soap together).
- Next, carefully place the toys into the mold on top of the first layer of soap. Spray with alcohol again.
- Pour the remaining melted soap on top and spray again to remove any air bubbles.
- Allow to harden for several hours before removing from mold for use. You can press gently on the backside of the mold to release the soap from the mold. Melt and pour soap can be used immediately after it’s hardened. 🙂
Safety Tips to Keep In Mind:
- The soap gets very HOT. Make sure an adult is supervising this craft at all times.
- Never use craft glitter in bath products. Use cosmetic (skin safe) glitter only.
- Never use any fragrance or essential oil found by the candle making section. You MUST use skin safe essential oils. Please be careful with this as the wrong oils can burn!
You can watch our live Facebook video below where we made this soap!
Want another fun Homemade Soap Idea? Check out this Star Wars Millennium Falcon Soap!