It may be a few weeks since Star Wars was released in theaters but around our house we are still celebrating as if it were yesterday. So much in fact, we’ve taken our love for the force with us to the bath. Today we are partnering with our friends at Imperial Sugar to share these Homemade Stormtrooper Bath Soap Crayons with you.
Related: Things to make with soap
If they sound entirely cool, it’s because they are! We sure hope you chose to take the dark side with you the next time you take a bath!
What You Will Need to Make Stormtrooper Bath Soap Crayons:
- 1 Tablespoon Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 8 ounces White Glycerin Melt-and-Pour Soap
- Food Coloring (we used neon colors for these)
- 1/2 teaspoon Vitamin E oil (optional)
- Small Containers or Mixing Bowls
- Spoons or Sticks
- Microwave or Double Boiler
Recipe adapted from Imperial Sugar.
How to Make Stormtrooper Bath Soap Crayons:
- Cut your melt and pour soap into cubes and place into your double boiler or a microwave safe bowl (if you prefer to melt in the microwave). Tip: Do not allow the soap to burn. Heat slowly in double boiler or heat for 30 seconds in microwave, stir, and repeat until melted.
- When soap is melted, remove from heat and mix in brown sugar and Vitamin E oil.
- Divide mixture equally into four small bowls.
- Add approximately 20-30 drops of color to each bowl and mix. The more food coloring you use, the darker the crayons will be.
- Pour mixtures into fun-shaped molds (of course, we used stormtrooper molds) and let set. You can find crayon-shaped molds in craft stores or even use any silicone based mold. Tip: Use a thicker mold for little hands as the bath soap crayons will get slippery when wet.
- As soon as the crayons are hard you can pop them out of the mold and use them right away!
We do want to mention that because we are using food coloring, you will want to test the crayons on your tub and shower walls before allowing your kids to go crazy with them. They should easily remove with soap and water but will depend on the type of material your tub is made of.
Exploring The World of Sugar
Sugar is fascinating because it is so versatile. Every month we share a fun new way to use it and still, the possibilities are endless!
You can bake, cook, sweeten things up with it, and even craft! Here are Kids Activities Blog one of favorite things to do is craft with our kids which is why Imperial Sugar has become such a great friend and partner to us.
So what are you waiting for? Head over to the Imperial Sugar website and check out all you can do with sugar!
Too many broken crayons? Melt them into one big crayon wand!