I love our fun activity box, well, actually we have two of them, one for when we travel with the kids and one for when I need to occupy them say at Church or another event where they have to sit quietly for a few hours. Depending on how you use the box and how creative you get, the entertainment can last for hours! To make the box last longer, only pull one activity out at a time. If you don’t need to worry about stretching the fun out, try combining toys – see how many crayons they can stuff into an deflated balloon. Great entertainment! Hope they help make your times out and about with kiddos a little bit easier.
Items we have in our Travel Box to Help Entertain your Child:
- Magnifying glass
- Pipe Cleaners
- Wipeable Crayons
- I Spy Jar
- Silly Putty or Goop
- Band-aids & Rubbing alcohol pads
- Laser pointer or small flashlight
- Noise Makers
- Small toy figurines or cars
- Folded Aluminum Foil
- Disposable Camera
- Light colored markers
- Scissors – Magazine pages to cut up
- Sticky Sticks
- Finger puppets
Use your imagination! There are tons of other things you can include in your “Fun Box” – Is there something I missed? Be sure to tell me in the comments!!!
Activities to Keep Kids Busy:
- Play I-Spy with the jar, see if you can find the fireman’s hat or the can of soda, etc.
- Pretend to be a Dr. with alcohol pad & bandaids.
- Use the alcohol pads to clean things (arm rest, window, etc.).
- Make animals with the bandaids (ex: butterflies, snakes, shapes like triangles, squares, etc.)
- Use the pipe cleaners to form letters, shapes, measure things, make pretend mustaches, poke each other, have a sword fight, etc.
- Go on a bug hunt. Close your eyes, one person hide the bug within site (ex: back of chair, behind your arm), have the other person “find” the bug. Have bug conversations.
- Create a home for your bug out of napkins/cups (provided by airline during snack time).
- Use the foil as a mirror, make faces at yourself. Try to discover textures by wrapping foil around them (ex: hand, bottom of shoe, edge of seat). Make foil into various shapes, letters, etc.
- Silly Putty, stretch it, make it into a ball, fold it and hear it snap, copy writing in pencil, imprint textures, make a ring to wear, etc.
- Play with goop. Make shapes of letters, make thumbprints, pretend to cook, etc.
- Play with feathers, tickle yourself, tickle your friend, watch them float.
Going on a trip with kids? We have ideas to help!Powered by Sidelines