Making an ‘P is for parrot craft’ is a fun way to introduce a new letter. This Letter P Craft is one of our favorite letter P activities for preschoolers because the word parrot starts with P and the letter craft is shaped like the letter P. This letter P preschool craft works well at home or in the preschool classroom.
Easy Letter P Craft
Preschoolers can either draw the letter P shape themselves or use our letter P template. Our favorite part of this letter craft is attaching the feathers and googly eyes to make a parrot!
Related: More easy letter P crafts
This article contains affiliate links.
Supplies needed for letter P craft
- Red construction paper
- Yellow construction paper
- googly eyes
- Some craft feathers
- scissors or preschool training scissors
Watch How To Make Preschool P Is for Parrot Craft
Instructions for Letter P Preschool Craft: Parrot
Step 1 – Create the Letter P Shape
Trace and cut out letter P or download, print and cut out this letter P template:
Step 2 – Give Craft a Canvas Foundation
Glue the letter P onto the piece of construction paper of a contrasting color.
Step 3 – Add the Parrot Details to the Letter P
- For the parrot halo: Trace and cut out a beak and glue it to the round side of the P.
- For the parrot eyes: Glue on the googly eyes.
- For the parrot wings: Glue on your feathers to the long side of your letter P parrot craft.
Finished P Is For Parrot Craft
Your letter P parrot craft is done!
More Ways to Learn the Letter P from Kids Activities Blog
- Big resource of letter P learning for kids of all ages.
- Super easy P is for Pirate Craft for toddlers and preschoolers.
- Fun P is for pinwheel craft. They’re giant!
- We love this P is for Pirate toilet paper roll craft you can make.
- Print these Letter P worksheets.
- Practice with these Letter P tracing worksheets.
- Don’t forget this letter p coloring page!
What changes did you make to the P is for parrot preschool craft?