Making an ‘C is for caterpillar craft’ is a fun way to introduce the third alphabet letter. This Letter C Craft is one of our favorite letter C activities for preschoolers because the word caterpillar starts with C and the letter craft is shaped like the letter C. This letter C preschool craft works well at home or in the preschool classroom.
Easy Letter C Craft
Preschoolers can either draw the letter C shape themselves or use our letter C template. Our favorite part of this letter craft is attaching the pipe cleaners and pom poms to make a caterpillar!
Related: More easy letter C crafts
This article contains affiliate links.
- letter C cut out on white paper or construction paper or printed letter a template – see below
- Large pom poms. We used 11
- 2 googly eyes
- 1 black pipe cleaner
- construction paper
- scissors or preschool training scissors
Watch How To Make Preschool C Is For Caterpillar Craft
Instructions For Letter C Preschool Craft: Caterpillar
Step 1 – Create the Letter C Shape
Trace and cut out letter C or download, print and cut out this letter C template:
Step 2 – Give Craft a Canvas Foundation
Glue the letter A onto the piece of construction paper of a contrasting color.
Step 3- Add the Caterpillar Details to the Letter C
- For the caterpillar body: glue your favorite color pom poms to the letter C. We used 11 pom poms for our caterpillar letter c craft.
- For the caterpillar antennas: Take a black pipe cleaner and cut it down. Ball up one end and then glue it between the pom poms at the top of the letter c.
- For the caterpillar eyes: Glue two googly eyes to the first pom pom at the top of the letter c.
Finished C is for Caterpillar Craft
Your C for Caterpillar craft is done!
More Ways To Learn The Letter C From Kids Activities Blog
- Big resource of letter C learning for kids of all ages.
- Super easy C is for Caterpillar Craft for toddlers and preschoolers.
- Fun C is for Cat Craft made from toilet paper rolls.
- We love this C is for Crown Craft you can make.
- Print these Letter C worksheets.
- Practice with these Letter C tracing worksheets.
- Don’t forget this letter c coloring page!
What changes did you make to the C is for Caterpillar preschool craft?