Pumpkin crafts for kids are the perfect autumn craft idea! Pumpkin themed arts and crafts will keep little hands busy and minds creative with the colorful pumpkin ideas. We have a collection of our favorite pumpkin crafts that are easy, fun and a breeze to set up at home or in the classroom.
Easy Pumpkin Crafts for kids
Pumpkins are popping up everywhere! There are so many fun pumpkin crafts and pumpkin art ideas that you can make. Pumpkin activities and crafts are a great way to celebrate fall and the coming of Halloween.
Related: Print these free pumpkin coloring pages
Some of the best conversations I have had with my children have been while crafting. Busy hands = free and open minds. Happy pumpkin crafting!
This post contains affiliate links.
Pumpkin Activities for Preschool
So get into a festive fall spirit with you kiddos, and let’s make some easy pumpkin crafts that your kids will proud of!
1. Let’s make a Pumpkin Themed Sensory Bin
No holiday is complete without a themed sensory bin! We are loving Little Bins Little Hands‘ Simple Fall Harvest Sensory Bin!
2. Cute Preschool Pumpkin Craft
Nurture Store has a Cute and Easy Pumpkin Craft for preschoolers that teaches and reinforces scissor skills.
3. Easy Treat Filled Pumpkin Craft
We love this adorable Pumpkin Craft that you can fill with candy!
4. Make a Yarn Pumpkin with Preschoolers
Glued to My Crafts‘ Yarn Pumpkin is a great art project to add to your kids’ pumpkin activities this fall!
5. Let’s Make Pumpkin Pie Play Dough
Make Edible Pumpkin Pie Play Dough with this tutorial from Coffee Cups and Crayons.
6. Preschool Clean Mud that Smells Like Pumpkin
This Pumpkin Spice Clean Mud from Frogs, Snails, and Puppy Dog Tails looks like a fun sensory activity for kids.
7. Hammer a Pumpkin Activity
Let preschoolers Hammer a Pumpkin in this Montessori inspired kids activity from Living Montessori Now.
8. Preschool Pumpkin Shapes Learning Activities
Teach preschoolers about shapes with Preschool Activities‘ Pumpkin Craft Idea for Kids.
Pumpkin Art for kindergartners & older kids
9. Paper Plate Pumpkin Craft
Fantastic Fun and Learning‘s Paper Plate Pumpkin is a cute art project that also doubles as a name recognition activity. This pumpkin activity is also great for fine motor skills and can be adapted for nearly any age crafter.
10. Pumpkin Lacing Activity for Kids
Teach kids numbers and help them sharpen motor skills with I Heart Crafty Things‘ Preschool Pumpkin Lacing Activity. It even comes with a free printable!
11. Wrap Pumpkins!
12. Make Painted Pumpkin Rocks
13. Pumpkin Finger Play Craft
Check out this “Five Little Pumpkins” Finger Play pumpkin activity for kids, from The Homespun Hydrangea.
Favorite Pumpkin Craft Ideas for older kids
14. Pumpkin Owl Craft
Let your kids make this Owl Pumpkin Centerpiece, from Real Simple. They’ll be so proud to show it off!
15. Make a Book Pumpkin Craft
Upcycle an old book into a book pumpkin. This idea is so fun and different! This is a little more challenging craft and is great for Kindergartners and Beyond
16. Let’s Make a Beaded Pumpkin
Make Glue Sticks and Gum Drops‘ adorable Beaded Pumpkin Craft with your kids, for fun fall activity!
Pumpkin Crafts for kids of all ages
17. Create Pumpkin Treat Cups
Are you looking for a fun and festive treat for your child’s school party? DIY these Pumpkin Treat Cups!
18. Make Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Nothing says “fall” or “Halloween” like Roasted Pumpkin Seeds!
19. Play with Homemade Pumpkin Salt Dough
Create a Halloween garland from Edventures with Kids‘ Pumpkin Salt-Dough. Design your ornaments, and after they dry, you can paint them and hang them in your home.
Pumpkin Activities for Preschool and Toddlers
20. Paper Plate Pumpkin Craft
The Simple Parent has the easiest Paper Plate Pumpkin Craft that you can make with your kids.
21. Pumpkin Art for Toddlers
Use an apple as a stamp to make Pumpkin Art with kids, with this brilliant idea from Frugal Mom Eh!
22. Felt Pumpkin Play
Make this Felt Pumpkin, from Teach Beside Me. With extra face pieces, your kids can create the pumpkin face that matches each card. This even has a free printable to go along with it!
23. Make a Puzzle Piece Pumpkin
If you’re anything like me, then you have dozens of random puzzle pieces hanging around. Time to a make Bargain Briana‘s Puzzle Pumpkin Decoration with the kids. This would make the sweetest DIY fall gift!
24. Talk About Emotions with the Feelings Paper Plate Pumpkin
Help kids recognize emotions with this Easy Paper Plate Feelings Pumpkin.
25. Construction Paper Pumpkin Craft
Not in the mood for pumpkin carving? How about creating this Construction Paper Pumpkin from Fun Littles, and decorating the construction paper with googly eyes and markers, instead! A fun way to change it up is to cut an egg carton, and use the bottom as eyes.
More Pumpkin Inspired Ideas for Kids
26. Pumpkin Game
Play Tic-Tac-Toe with Pumpkins in this toddler-approved pumpkin activity. Head on over to Toddler Approved for the tutorial!
27. Pumpkin Pie Playdough Recipe
The next time you bake a pumpkin pie, whip up a batch of this Pumpkin Pie Play Dough to play with, while you wait for your treat to bake!
28. Make a Pumpkin Handprint
This “Your Little Pumpkin” handprint card from Frugal Fun 4 Boys makes such a cute keepsake.
29. Read a Pumpkin Book!
My kids also love it when I read them books about pumpkins when they are fall crafting. One of their favorites is, It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!
More Pumpkin Crafts for Kids
- This paper pumpkin craft is one of my favorites!
- Check out this cute 5 little pumpkins craft.
- This pumpkin suncatcher craft is a fun pumpkin craft for toddlers.
- Use this pumpkin printable to fold into a cute 3D pumpkin craft.
- Check out all the fun pumpkin ideas in this pumpkin craft and decorating resource!
- Download & print our cute pumpkin coloring pages for a quick activity or as a craft template.
- Love these pumpkin crafts and ideas!
- This cute pumpkin door hanger craft is perfect for decorating your front porch this fall!
- Pumpkin handprint art is a great way to get even little kids involved in crafting for fall.
- These no carve pumpkin ideas are perfect for real pumpkins that last longer on your porch or are safer for your kids to help decorate.
- Make a cereal box pumpkin craft for kids!
- Make a string pumpkin craft…these turn out so cute and are incredibly cheap to make!
- Easy pumpkin carving is essential with kids so we show you how to carve a pumpkin!
- Don’t miss out on these free and fun pumpkin carving stencils!
- Try out this beautiful book pumpkin hack, perfect to put on display this fall!
- For some easy pumpkin fun, check out these pumpkin patch coloring pages!
- Don’t miss our free pumpkin carving templates!
- Grab your pumpkin teeth and make your jack-o-lantern something special and spooky.
Which of the easy pumpkin activities for kids are you going to try first? What is your kids favorite pumpkin themed activity?