Grapevine, Texas is centrally located between Dallas and Fort Worth.
While it has an historic charm and sophistication, Grapevine also offers lots of fun with activities for everyone in the family.
10 Things To Do with Kids in Grapevine, TX
1. Nash Farm – Step back in time and experience life on the 1850’s farm. Kids can learn about the work involved in caring for real farm animals, do some gardening of their own, sit on real farm machinery and more. Nash Farm offers lively presentations and interactive hands on exhibits that are fun for all ages.
2. Grapevine Botanic Garden – Enjoy the beauty of nature as you stroll through winding paths, walk over the bridge at the koi pond, and have a picnic lunch near the rippling fountain. Kids will especially love the playground that is next to the gardens!
3. Laser Skate at Polar Ice – Ice skate under the disco ball and laser lights during public skating on Friday and Saturday nights from 7:30 to 9:30. Rental skates are available.
4. Great Wolf Lodge – With a splash pad for little ones, a wave pool, water agility course and extreme water slides, this water park inside a hotel just can’t be beat for year round splashing fun for families.
5. SEA LIFE Aquarium – You’ll be fascinated with the 5,000 sea creatures you’ll find at this aquarium. My son loves touching the real star fish and my daughter’s favorite part is the 360 degree underwater tunnel. There is something for everyone to enjoy.
6. LEGOLAND Discovery Center – Kids love the rides like the Kingdom Quest Laser ride, the LEGO CITY Forest Ranger Pursuit, and the Merlin’s Apprentice ride. But there are also several shows in the 4D theater and even a giant climbing structure to play on and a cafe for quick snacks. But of course, you’ll find tons of LEGO bricks to create anything your heart desires.
7. Eat at Rainforest Cafe – As you sit down to eat, you will feel like you have been transported to the rainforest as you are surrounded by trees, hanging vines and jungle music. But what kids love the most is when the animal figures around the room seem to suddenly come alive as they move and make friendly animal sounds. The food is good too, especially the Volcano dessert that comes out with a lit sparkler on top!
8. Palace Theatre Arts Center – This historic theatre offers family friendly plays and even an occasional puppet show.
9. Watch live glass blowing at Vetro – While you are on Main Street, cross over to Vetro Art Glass Studio. Kids (and adutls) are amazed as they watch simple pieces of colored glass get heated and shaped into beautiful works of art right before their eyes! You can even step over by the fire and help make your own piece of glass art to take home!
10. Ride the Grapevine Vintage Railroad – Enjoy a ride on a real train as it takes you from Grapevine to the Fort Worth Stockyards then hop back on later in the day to head back to Grapevine. A fun, relaxing way to travel the scenic route.
In addition to all the exciting activities in Grapevine, families can also enjoy all the fun water activities on Lake Grapevine like boating and fishing. Grapevine is a great family vacation destination!