There are people on your holiday list that need a mobile phone/device. I find that a scary thought of purchasing someone something that locks them into a specific plan for years to come.
That is one of the reasons that I loved hosting the T-Mobile Holiday Blogger Event last night in Frisco.
I found out that it shouldn’t be scary if you know the right questions to ask!
If you are buying a smart phone and service for someone else, there are several options for T-Mobile that can make the process less frightening:
- If the recipient is already a T-Mobile customer, you can add or upgrade – a tip is to activate the service after the phone has been unwrapped so it is still a surprise!
- Any phone in the T-Mobile showroom can be purchased as a pre-paid plan. This gives you the flexibility to gift what you want without locking the recipient into monthly costs.
- T-Mobile gift cards are available so the recipient can shop for what they want or apply it to service.
Which phone should I choose?
If you are visiting a T-Mobile store, the staff is very good at gift matching. For instance…
- A techie might enjoy a Samsung Exhibit II 4G.
- A teen that texts a lot would be a good fit with a LG DoublePlay.
- For the first time smartphone user, the T-Mobile MyTouch and MyTouch Q are simple to use.
- A gadget lover fits nicely with the Samsung Galaxy S II.
- Someone who takes a lot of pictures would be impressed with the features on the HTC Amaze 4G.
- Professionals gravitate to the BlackBerry Bold 9900.
- Someone who is social and likes a slide out keyboard would fit with the BlackBerry Torch 9810.
- For the overachiever? Check out the HTC Radar 4G with Windows and 4G speeds.
There are tons of accessories and non-phone gifts as well.
I loved learning about some of the amazing apps that make holidays less stressful:
- BigOven – you type in what you have leftover in your fridge and it tells you what to make for dinner!
- Gift List Manager Pro – Keep track of gifts and spending with this handy mobile app.
- ShopSavvy Barcode Scanner – scan in what you are considering buying, and it will tell you if you can find it locally anywhere cheaper or online for a better price. Crazy cool!
- Doodle Kids – keep your shopping companions busy with this app for kids. It locks out the phone functions so they won’t be downloading apps and calling your boss by accident.
We had a ball at the T-Mobile blogger event. There were games and food and a lot of hugging.
T-Mobile gave out 5 phones that evening and there was some squealing involved.
Thanks T-Mobile for the fun evening and the information to make my holiday shopping a little easier!
You can follow the fun on Twitter with the hashtag: #TMobileHolidays
I have been working with T-Mobile and Mom It Forward over the last month on hosting this event and writing about what T-Mobile has to offer over the holidays. I also received a goody bag with some T-Mobile goodies including a flying monkey. Oh ya.