Here is an inexpensive idea for you this Valentine’s Day!
Make some homemade chocolate covered strawberries for your sweet heart this weekend! Not only does making them at home save you the cost of buying them from an expensive bakery, or from standing in a long line, but this is so much fun – you and your honey can make them TOGETHER.
Easy Homemade Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 6 oz chopped semisweet chocolate
- 3 oz chopped white chocolate
- 1 lb washed strawberries with stems (aprox. 20)
- Place the white and semisweet chocolate pieces in two separate heat-proof bowls.
- Bring two sauce pans with a 2-3 inches of water to boiling.
- Turn off the heat.
- Place bowls over water until the chocolate pieces melt.
- Stir until smooth.
- Use parchment or wax paper to line sheet pan.
- Dip fruit into semisweet chocolate.
- Drizzle white chocolate over finished dipped strawberries with a fork.
- Let it set about a 1/2 hour.