Here is a favorite and easy appetizer recipe of mine. This recipe has been passed between friends and down the line so many times and it is always a hit. Honestly, I could eat an entire batch by myself.
The recipe I was given called for only 10 tortillas but it makes much more than that and I use anywhere from 15-20. It is a spread and is lovely by itself or on crackers, wheat thins or my favorite Cracked Pepper & Olive Oil Triscuits ¦yum! I just had to throw that in there.
There is one ingredient in here that I think is key to these roll-ups, otherwise they will just taste like any other roll-up or possibly a blob of sour cream and cream cheese ¦Accent Flavor Enhancer. I have never used this before trying in it this recipe and I was impressed how much it added flavor to the mixture.
Tortilla Roll-Up Ingredients
- 10-20 tortillas
- 1 Package of Cream Cheese
- 1 8oz Sour Cream
- 1 bunch of green onions (cut off & chop green parts finely)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (seeded and chopped very finely)
- 1 small can of chopped black olives
- Thinly sliced ham (thinner the better)
- 1 teaspoon of Accent Seasoning *this is key, it makes the flavor Oh! so delicious! Don't be afraid to use more.
Tortilla Roll-Up Instructions
- Place tortillas and ham aside
- Mix all ingredients together in serving bowl
- On parchment paper or a plate place about a teaspoon of mixture on tortilla
- Place ham on top
- Roll in form of an enchilada
- Leave whole and put in casserole dish or other rectangle container
- Repeat until finished
- Once you have rolled all the tortillas then place the whole roll-ups in the refrigerator
- They can be left overnight, but atleast for an hour
- Then cut in horizontal, bite size pieces.
Thank me later.