Reader’s Digest wants to know.
Tell Reader’s Digest about your community’s needs, upload photos of your town and talk about why where you live is the best place in America. The We Hear You America campaign will provide prizes and support to the winning towns.
Your town could win big!
Current leaders in the DFW area:
Frisco, 3074 votes
McKinney, 1042 votes
Dallas, 42 votes
Plano, 35 votes
Fort Worth, 16 votes
Flower Mound, 13 votes
Mansfield, 5 votes
Arlington, 3 votes
Grapevine, 3 votes
She Is Dallas: To vote for your town, go to the Reader’s Digest We Hear You America website. Enter your zip code and tell Reader’s Digest how the money could improve your community. 18 towns will win big! Reader’s Digest will award 10 fourth place prizes of $5,000, 5 third place prizes of $10,000, 2 runners up of $25,000, and 1 grand prize of $50,000! The town with the most votes wins the grand prize. Make sure to tell your family, friends and neighbors to vote too! It is free to enter and votes. You may vote as many times as you wish. Voting closes on March 1, 2012! For more information, please visit the We Hear You America website or follow Reader’s Digest on Facebook.
2011 Winning Towns and Their Initiatives: Americans Fixing America
- Grand Marais, MI, Prize: $40,000. Rebuilding a seawall
- Fairbury, IL, Prize: $25,000. Renovating the town’s 100-year old library
- Galesburg, IL, Prize: $25,000. The Galesburg Community Foundation
- Louisville, KY, Prize: $10,000. Rebuilding the Cherokee Park Pavilion
- Greensboro, NC, Prize: $10,000. Donations to the United Way and Salvation Army
- Manchester, NH, Prize: $10,000. Renovating city hall
- Boley, OK, Prize: $10,000. Rebuilding a playground
- Ely, MN, Prize: $10,000. Rebuilding a playground
- Oakland, CA, Prize: $10,000. Mayor’s Your Mentoring Initiative
- Aurora, IL, Prize: $10,000. Revitalizing downtown Aurora
Come on North Texas! Let’s get one of our beautiful towns on the 2012 winner’s list!