Cinco de Mayo is a celebration of Mexican heritage and pride. Celebrate by learning how to make Mexican paper flowers for Cinco de Mayo! This craft is fun and easy for kids of all ages.
I wanted to share this really tissue paper pom-pom flowers craft that you can make with your kids to add some color to your life this week.
We are going to string these in our living room and make yummy Shredded Beef Tacos in crock pot. I don’t know if it’s just my kids, but my children love a “festive” meal, even small touches, like Cinco de Mayo decorations, get them excited.
Sometimes, I let them set the ambiance, and it’s interesting what they add as centerpieces. We’ve had pirate swords, legos, and candles set out before as table centerpieces by my boys.
Supplies for Mexican Tissue Paper Flowers
This post contains affiliate links.
You only need a couple of supplies to make these beautiful Mexican Tissue Paper Flowers!
Instructions for making Mexican paper flowers
1. Fold the tissue paper in half or cut between 5-8 sheets into rectangles.
2. Then, fold them like an accordion. Staple them together in the middle.
3. Start pulling every single sheet up from one half (it doesn’t matter on what side you start) and then do the other half.
4. Each half will meet in the middle to create the crinkled flower look.
The great thing about doing this craft with kids is that it doesn’t matter if their paper gets all crinkled and smashed. It will still look like a flower at the end! Make each one in different colors to make your Cinco de Mayo decorations colorful.
Make several of them and attach them on some string to display it as flower garland.
Or, you can attach them to pipe cleaners, and display them in a vase. However you use them, they will beautify your area!
More Ways to Celebrate Cinco de Mayo
Looking for more Cinco De Mayo fun? Check out these fun Cinco de Mayo crafts and recipes:
- Kids would like to know the History of cinco de mayo
- Cinco de mayo pinata is the perfect way to add some fun to the celebration.
- Learn how to make Mexican metal art
- Everyone will love this Taco Tater Tot Casserole
- Taco Quesadilla is an easy meal to make that even picky eaters will enjoy!
- Breakfast Bowls in tacos and breakfast tacos recipe is a great way to start the day
- Make Amazing Street Tacos and Salsas
- Three-Step Soft Taco recipe is the way to a quick and filling meal.
Check All the Cinco de mayo activities along with yummy recipes to Celebrate the Occasion. Do you celebrate Cinco de Mayo? Comment below with your favorite traditions!
SOME OF OUR FAVORITE WAYS TO KEEP KIDS BUSY:
- Get kids off technology and back to basics with learning worksheets you can print at home!
- Baby shark coloring pages are perfect for little ones who love the viral Pinkfong song.
- Make being stuck at home fun with our favorite indoor games for kids.
- Coloring is fun! Especially with our Fortnite coloring pages.
- Check out our Frozen 2 coloring pages.
- What’s the best kind of party? A unicorn party!
- Learn how to make a compass and go on an adventure with your kids.
- Create an Ash Ketchum costume.
- Try these fun edible playdough recipes!
- Kids love unicorn slime.
- Make reading even more fun with this PB kids summer reading challenge.
- Set up a neighborhood bear hunt. Your kids will love it!
- Your kids will have a blast with these prank ideas.
- Make coffee filter crafts!
- Easy crafts for kids will save your day.
Kids will love these fun Halloween games!