A few weeks ago I pleaded for your help.
I needed some good book recommendations for myself and my boys.
I was overwhelmed by the response – almost 200 of you participated!
So many good suggestions were made that I decided to make a compilation of YOUR reading recommendations.
This is the list for me…good summer reads for MOM this summer.
These are arranged by order of the number of recommendations – starting with the most popular. I know this is highly unscientific, but I hope you find it helpful!
Reading Recommendations for Moms this Summer:
- Anything by Jodi Picoult (House Rules, Handle With Care, Change of Heart, Keeping Faith, My Sister's Keeper, Plain Truth, Salem Falls)
- The Help, by Kathryn Stockett — I have read The Help and LOVED it. I didn’t want it to end. Ever.
- The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins
- Anything by Dean Koontz
- Stephanie Plum novels, by Janet Evanovich
- Anything by Stephen King
- Time Travelers Wife, by Audrey Niffenegger
- The Sookie Stackhouse vampire mysteries, by Charlaine Harris
- A Dirty Job, and other books by Christopher Moore
- The Alchemist, by Coelho
- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, by Mary Ann Shaffer
- Eat, Pray, Love, by Elizabeth Gilbert — I enjoyed following the Eat, Pray, Love journey. I read it several years ago and it still pops up in my thoughts from time to time.
- The Heart Mender, by Andy Andrews
- Her Fearful Symmetry, by Audrey Niffenegger
- The City of Bones series, by Cassandra Clare
- Isle of Palms, by Dorothea Benton Frank
- Mark of the Lion, by Francine Rivers
- Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen — YAY! I love anything Jane Austen. Pride and Prejudice is one of my favorites.
- Look Again, by Lisa Scottoline
- The Book Thief, by Markus Zusak
- Anything by Mary Higgins-Clark
- Anything by Mary Kay Andrews
- Anything by Nicholas Sparks — I like many of his books…they are a little mushy for me, but the stories are compelling enough for me to wade through it!
- Anything by Nora Roberts
- Water for Elephants, by Sara Gruen
- Catching Fire, by Suzanne Collins
- Life of Pi, by Yan Martel
- The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, by Stieg Larsson
- The Happiness Project, by Gretchen Rubin
I plan on adding comments to this list as I read through it this summer.
If I have any glaring omissions, please mention them in the comments below.
Please watch for future posts that will cover YOUR reading suggestions for BOYS…whoo hoo!
Thanks so much!