Check out these 20+ Super FUN Kids Mardi Gras Crafts we’ve put together to help you celebrate!
Kids will have so much fun creating their own Mardi Gras crafts. These Mardi Gras crafts are perfect entertainment for a Fat Tuesday party or celebration.
Here’s 17 Mardi Gras Activities for Kids that are sure to help you celebrate.
Easy Mardi Gras Crafts Perfect for Fat Tuesday
We have some really fun Carnival celebration crafts for your Mardi Gras party or class celebration with kids. Fat Tuesday was named for the practice of eating junk food (rich, fatty foods) before the fasting season. While we totally love the idea of a day of eating super yummy foods, the decadence of Fat Tuesday can be seen in everything including the decorations, dress, traditions, activities and crafts
That makes for really fun crafting! Fat Tuesday is about excess and sparkles and embracing fun. Kids get that immediately and can’t wait to express that through what they make for Mardi Gras.
Mardi Gras Kid Friendly Jewelry Crafts
From homemade beads to sparkly masks with feathers, these Fat Tuesday crafts will keep kids in a sparkly creative space!
Make a Mardi Gras Mask
- Make your own Mardi Gras mask with fun kids Mardi Gras crafts! -via Kids Activities Blog
- Try your hand at this easy Mardi Gras paper plate craft. -via Kids Activities Blog
- Here’s a free printable Mardi Gras mask for the kids! -via Kids Activities Blog
- Make a colorful Mardi Gras mask with lefterover crayon shavings! -via Mami Talks
- You’ll love recreating this easy Mardi Gras mask with your kids! -via About.com
- I love how this paper plate mask perfect for Fat Tuesday is super colorful – via Happy Brown House
Make a Mardi Gras Necklace
- Here is a cool Duct Tape Mardi Gras necklace kids will have fun creating! -via Crafts by Amanda
- Make your own DIY Mardi Gras paper beads. -via Design Sponge
- A Mardi Gras candy necklace can double as a activity and snack! -via No Time for Flash Cards
- Fun and super simple to make Mardi Gras wool felt bead necklace. -via GUBLife
Make a Mardi Gras Bracelet
- Make a chunky blue bangle bracelet you’ll actually wear made of Mardi Gras necklaces! -via Brit+Co
- This Mardi Gras cuff bracelet is simple and fun. Kids will embrace all the confetti sparkles. via Crafting with Kids
Mardi Gras Hats & Crown Crafts
Kids will have fun wearing this Mardi Gras jester hat! -via Activity Village
Make a Mardi Gras jester collar! -via Activities for Kids
Here’s another Mardi Gras jester hat with easy instructions! -via First Palette
Have kids make their own Mardi Gras Scepter and crown! -via Galileo Camps
Here is a fun Mardi Gras headpiece for kids. -via Free Kids Crafts
Make Music with Mardi Gras Crafts
Make some noise with this Mardi Gras themed homemade tambourine! -via Activities for Kids
My kids had fun making this Mardi Gras coffee can DIY instrument! -via KinderArt
Add these Mardi Gras DIY maracas for kids to your homemade musical instrument arsenal! -via KinderArt
More Mardi Gras Crafts for Kids
Mardi Gras inspired bead painting is a great art project for preschoolers. -via Pint Sized NOLA
How about some edible Mardi Gras crafts for the kids! -via The Typical Mom
Another easy craft project that turns into a fun toy is creating a Mardi Gras sensory bin. -via Pint Sized NOLA
More Mardi Gras Fun for Kids
- Download & print these free Mardi Gras coloring pages that both kids and adults will have fun coloring and decorating.
- Need some King Cake recipes that vary from semi-homemade to fancy? <–We have 15 different King cake ideas for Fat Tuesday!
- Didn’t find the perfect Mardi Gras mask craft for your kids? We have over 30 Mask ideas for kids that could be modified for the perfect Fat Tuesday mask!
- If you ever get to Louisiana, check out our 10 Things to Do with Kids in New Orleans!
Happy Mardi Gras! Which was your child’s favorite Mardi Gras craft idea?