This easy kids craft are simple ornaments for kids to make. The festive merry Christmas trees made out of fabric are no sew, so they can be accomplished with basic cutting and pasting skills.
Kids Activities Blog loves when something so festively enchanting is easy!
Easy Kids Craft
I am always looking for ways to re-create a sewing project into a n0-sew idea!
If you are short on time during the holiday season you are going to love this Fabric Christmas Tree Ornament. I actually do enjoy sewing but life is so busy for us that if I don’t have to pull out the sewing machine it saves me a lot of time. Another lovely thing about this project is these babies won’t break! I have boys who like to play ball in the living room even though they know that they aren’t supposed to. These are accident proof when they fall, nothing will shatter!
Ornaments for Kids to Make
I used a mix of fun pop of color for the fabric and some were more subdued trees that are gray with some fun ribbon for the stem. I couldn’t find my stuffing so I used toilet paper. The ornaments are not going to get wet so I didn’t mind using toilet paper for my stuffing. The things I do when I am desperate, ha, ha, ha.
Christmas Ornament Supplies:
- pillow stuffing
Kids Christmas Craft
1. Have your child trace a triangle shape onto fabric. Double up fabric when cutting so you end up with 2 triangles.
2. Glue the edges of the bottom half of the triangle but leave the middle open so you can insert the “trunk” using ribbon. Note I use silicone glue that is in liquid form and it’s wonderful crafting glue but you can also use a hot glue gun (children should use with caution).
3. Once it’s dry stuff it by folding toilet paper squares inside or you can use pillow stuffing if you wish.
4. Glue the rest of the edges.
I made about 8 of these Christmas trees at first I used them as garland for a party and taped them to the back of some red/white twine. Once I was done with that, I removed them off the twine and place them back on my Christmas tree as ornaments that can’t be broken!
Christmas Activities for Kids
Kids Activities Blog has more ornaments for kids to make and easy kids crafts. There are no excuses because we have tons of simple Christmas activities for kids. Here are a few of our holiday favorites:
- Homemade Christmas ornaments
- Christmas printables that will have your kids “baking”
- Our Countdown to Christmas has a whole bunch of Christmas kids activities!