Celebrate with friends at Liberty Fest in Farmer’s Branch this weekend! Honor our soldiers, enjoy hands-on outdoor fun, watch a rugby tournament, and let the kids have a ball in the Liberty Kidzone. Then dance the rest of the night away with one of two great concerts – 38 Special or Rick Springfield!
She Is Dallas: Liberty Fest will be held Friday, May 27 and Saturday, May 28 at Farmers Branch Historical Park, 2540 Farmers Branch Ln in Farmers Branch. Admission tickets to Liberty Fest are required to enter the Historical Park gates for all persons 7 and over. Tickets are $10 each and may be purchased online, by phone or in person at Farmers Branch City Hall and Community Recreation Center. All food and beverage vendors will only accept tickets. Tickets may be purchased inside the gates with cash or credit card. For more information, please visit the Liberty Fest website. You can also find them on Facebook and Twitter.
Liberty Fest Events:
- 38 Special concert – Friday, May 27 at 7:00, gates open at 5:00. Preferred seating tickets are available online for $50.
- Rick Springfield concert – Saturday, May 28 at 7:00, gates open at 3:00. Preferred seating tickets are available online for $75.
- Field of Flags – May 27 – 30 in Liberty Plaza. U.S. flags will be flown to honor the memory of those who have fallen, those who have proudly served, and those who currently serve our country. Flags may be sponsored in memory of or in honor of military loved ones. Proceeds benefit the American Fallen Soldiers Project, a non-profit agency providing comfort to mourning families of our fallen heroes. You can even sponsor a flag in honor or memory of a service person.
- Volksmarch – Saturday, May 28 from 7:00 – 11:00 at Farmers Branch DART Station. Open for everyone to come and enjoy, the Volksmarch is a non-competitive 5k or 10k walk, taking participants on a marked route past beautiful and historical parts of the city including the Farmers Branch Historical Park, Liberty Plaza, Farmers Branch Keenan Cemetary, EarthKind Rose Garden and numerous city parks.A checkpoint will be provided with restrooms and water at the Farmers Branch Manske Library. Co-hosted by the Dallas Trekkers Walking Club. Registration will be May 28 from 6 to 8 a.m. Walk begins at 8 a.m. and ends at 11 a.m. All participants must sign a waiver of liability. Children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Fishin ™ Fun – Saturday, May 28 from 8:00 – 11:00 at the Gussie Field Watterworth Park. Kids will love fishing in Rawhide Creek which will be full of one ton of fish just for them to catch! Also on site will be a catch and release fishing tank, bounce houses, kid activity zone, prize giveaways featuring a Nintendo Wii. Free bait and loaner equipment will be available on a first-come, first-served basis but kids can also bring their own gear. Fishin ™ Fun is free and open to kids age 16 and under. All children must register onsite with a parent or guardian signature in order to participate.
- Outdoor Expo – Saturday, May 28 from 12:00 – 5:00 at the Gussie Field Watterworth Park & Rawhide Creek Area. Enjoy hands-on fun with archery, rock climbing, kayaking, animal education, outdoor education, and camping demonstrations.
- Car, Truck & Motorcycle Show – Saturday, May 28 from 12:00 – 5:30 on Denton Drive near Liberty Plaza. The show will have classic and new cars. Come just to see or enter your own car. There is a 50/50 charity pot drawing benefiting Special Olympics as well as door prizes, a disc jockey, and concessions. Registration will take place 7:30 – 11:30 and the car show will take place 12:00 – 3:30. Awards will be presented 3:30-4:30 and there will be a Burn Out contest from 4:45 – 5:30. Fees for participating in the show: Early Registration $15, Day of Registration $25, Burn Out Contest Entry $10
- Liberty Kidzone will be open Friday, May 27 from 5:00 – 9:00 pm and Saturday, May 28 from 3:00 – 9:00 pm in Historical Park. Let your kids have fun in the bounce houses, obstacle courses and barrel train rides. For their more artistic sides, they can get their face painted or get a balloon from a talented balloon artist. Animal lovers will have fun in the petting zoo. Admission to the Liberty Kidzone is included with ticket admission to the Historical Park/concerts (kids ages 6 and under, accompanied by an adult, do not require a ticket). Kid-friendly concessions will be available for purchase.
- Rugby Tournament – Saturday, May 28 in Cox Park. Co-hosted with the Dallas Rugby Football Club. Registration information at www.dallasrugby.org
- 7-on-7 Football Tournament – Saturday, May 28 at Dallas Christian College Fields. Open to all adult and youth 7-on-7 football teams. The tournament begins at 8 a.m. on Saturday, May 28, with games continuing Sunday. All teams have a five game minimum guarantee. Games will be officiated by certified officials (each with 7-on-7 experience). Individual awards and team trophies will be given to the top three places.