Games for girls to play is often something you don’t think about because girls love games just as much as boys do, but our readers have asked for this list because there are a bunch of girl games that are perfect for slumber parties, birthday parties, and of course, everyday play!
We scoured the internet for some of the best giggly fun and here are 22 of our favorite activities for girls: games for girls, play pretend, become a princess, have a tea party, glam ideas and create together.
Favorite Fun Girl Games
Our girls love being girly and playing games with their friends.
My girls love to play games where they are princesses, drink tea, pretend in elaborate worlds, put glam on, and create masterpieces with whatever items are made available to them.
If you are looking to host an epic slumber party, check out these fun sleepover ideas at Play Ideas!
We have arranged this list by type of girl game…so have some fun & enjoy!
Pretend Games for Girls to Play – Girl Games
1. Paper Doll Theater
Play with DIY Paper Dolls. Even better, girls can make paper dolls on magnetic paper and use a metal case to store their princesses. via French Press Knits
2. Drama Queen
3. Small World Drama
Have your daughter and her friends create and live through a small world. Anna, of The Imagination Tree, has lots of examples of small world play that her girls enjoyed on her blog.
4. Doll House Play
Build a dollhouse for your characters out of cards and tape. It is the perfect size of a “skyscraper” for Polly pocket dolls. via The Artful Parents
5. Indoor Fort
Girls can choose a kid’s indoor fort to build and then work together to make it their own. There are so many fun ideas that can be a jumping-off point for their creativity! If you want something less homemade, check out these amazing forts:
Princess Games for Girls to Play – Girl Games
6. Craft Princess Gifts
Give some Princess Totes to your party attendees. In this tutorial, they sew the bags, but I bet the girls would love to make their own with glue guns! via A Girl and a Glue Gun
7. Princess Attire
Princess Peacock – I love the easy tutorial on how to create your own embellished Tutu. I can easily see us adapting this to be a horse princess, or adding sequins instead of “feathers”. via Andrea’s Notebook
8. Dress Like a Princess
Create a no-sew tutu with your girls, using a collection of fabric and ribbon scraps. via Kids Activities Blog
9. DIY Royal Carriage
Every princess needs a carriage. This could be a fun activity for kids – transform a cardboard box into a carriage fit for a queen. via Sun Hats & Wellie Boots
Tea Party Games for Girls to Play – Girl Games
10. Tea Party Science Game
In this fun kids activity, use a variety of teacups with a variety of different colors of vinegar. Add teaspoons of baking soda for some fizzing fun. via In Lieu of Preschool
11. Artful Cupcake Play
Want to enjoy some cupcakes with your kids? But have kids who have allergies? How about creating shaving cream cupcakes?? via Dilly Dali Art
12. Playful Tea
Use pompoms as the tea in this fun preschooler activity. Your toddlers will love sorting and pouring. via Tinker Lab
13. Outdoor Tea Party
Do you mean princesses can get dirty? I love how daring Rebekah is with her daughter at this outdoor tea party. via the Golden Gleam
Glam it Up Games for Girls to Play – Girl Games
14. Jewelry Making & Wearing for Girls
- Make edible bracelets together using jelly beans…yep! Bean bracelets are great fun.
- Make a DIY necklace that girls can wear!
- This idea to make a fairy dust necklace is one of my very favorite ideas for girls!
- This idea just makes me giggle, but it is genius for girls who get hungry…make a snack necklace!
- This sounds a little crazy, but making a toilet paper roll necklace can actually be lovely!
- Follow this simple tutorial on how to make friendship bracelets and then have some fun!
- Print off these bff bracelet patterns and then color and craft them!
15. Make Princess Crowns
For your little princess, create some lacey crowns together. These are super simple to make, are a fun slumber party activity. Decorate and paint the lace the night before. Assemble in the morning. via Girl Inspired
16. Fairy Dress Up
Dress up as a fairy or a butterfly with your own set of wings!! For a free DIY pattern, check out My Owl Barn.
17. Make Believe Make Up
Do your girls want to play with make-up but it’s not a good time for a lipstick from their cheeks to their eyebrows? Consider making your own toy makeup from old containers and nail polish. via Artsy Fartsy Mama
Creative Games for Girls to Play – Girl Games
18. Create an Art Portfolio
Give your girls an Art portfolio that allows them to doodle anywhere. These would be a fun gift for a creative girl on the go! via Gingercake
19. Embrace the Cold in Art
Create frozen art with items found on a nature walk. Love this frozen rose bowl! via Learn With Play at Home
20. Invitation to Create Spaces
Have art bins ready to go for whenever creativity inspires your child. I bet you can have a variety of these for a group of girls to swap, and share. via Make Do and Friend
21. Art Kit to the Rescue
Make an on-the-go art kit – these kits are great for the older girl who is moving on from crayons. Playing House has lots of suggestions of items to include in your kit.
More Games to Play from Kids Activities Blog
Kids Activities Blog has had a lot of girly fun. If you are looking for even MORE games for girls, check some of these fun kids activities:
- Oh so many cool indoor games for kids to play!
- Have you played google doodle games?
- We love some artsy games like these drawing games.
- Need to find some really fun baby games?
- Host a virtual game night with these online games for kids.
- We have a huge list of Halloween games for kids and other parties!
- Let’s play fun math games…really, we aren’t joking!
- Do you still have a 3DS? We rounded up the best 3DS games.
- Check out these fun printable games…coloring games!
- Sight word games makes learning fun!
- You can make your own LEGO board game with these simple instructions.
- We love a good board game and these work really well for slumber parties as well as family board games! And after you play, check out how to store board games.
- Try these 5 minutes crafts!
- Play these 50 science games for kids
- Try these easy cookie recipes with few ingredients.
What games do your girls enjoy? Leave a comment below if we missed any cool games for girls.