Receiving a card in the mail is always fun but it is especially nice when it is a homemade birthday card that you know was made with love. Here is a sweet idea for a birthday card that kids can create because they are so easy to make.
Homemade Birthday Card
When was the last time you received a card in the mail? Count yourself lucky, if it was recent. I love celebrating people and it makes me so excited when I see my boys get creative to wish someone a happy birthday. One of the things I enjoyed doing before having three kids was making a homemade birthday card so usually when a birthday rolled around I would make the card.
This time around I wanted to make this a family affair. What usually happens is I make them and my boys sign them. Sometimes they draw a fun picture inside, depending on their mood, I am sure you know how that goes. September is a big birthday month for my husbands side of the family, so I was brainstorming 0n how birthday card ideas that were easy to make. It can’t get easier than this and they turned out adorable!
Easy to Make
You will need:
- Cupcake wrappers
- tissue paper
- mini pom poms
- blank cards
1. Choose your favorite cupcake wrapper designs. You will cut your cupcake wrapper into fourths. You can save the others you don’t use for future birthday cards.
2. Then you will glue one of those on your blank card as shown above. Gently flatten the cupcake wrapper. I picked out coordinating wrappers and cards ahead of time but let my boys choose which ones they wanted to use.
3. The fun part is making the icing you can use long strips of tissue paper and gather and glue or you can cut up tissue and scrunch it up and glue it.
4. Have your kids sign or draw/scribble their “signature” inside the card so it still has their darling little notes inside. Our oldest usually writes a message inside by himself but he still has trouble with some of his spelling so it’s always cute when he writes a message. He made that above card for his grandfather who he calls papaw and he spelled it “popow.”
This is such a cute homemade birthday card but it is also goes on the list of great kids activities because it is so easy to make yet so meaningful. For more ideas for making cards, take a look at these projects from some of the other Quirky Mommas:
- Thank You Notes That are Easy to Make
- Homemade Birthday Card From A Collage
- Easy to Make Accordion Card