Grab your pencil because today you are going to learn how to draw a horse – step by step – from scratch! Yes, even beginners and young kids will find this printable tutorial easy to follow.
We created this three-page how to draw a horse easy tutorial with kids in mind, so kids of all ages will be drawing their own cute horse in no time!
Don’t forget to check out our horse coloring pages too!
Make an Easy Horse Drawing
Learning how to draw horses is a fun, creative, and colorful art experience for kids of all ages. Plus, most kids I know love horses, making this tutorial even more exciting and fun.
Drawing (and making any kind of art) has so many benefits for kids: it increases confidence, teaches creative problem solving, improves hand-eye coordination, and develops fine motor skills.
That’s why you’ll love this how to draw a horse for kids tutorial!
Easy steps to draw a horse
Our three pages of how to draw a horse step by step are super easy to follow, and so much fun too!
Go grab your favorite pencil and let’s get started:
- Let’s start with a circle.
- Add a rounded rectangle – notice how it’s tilted.
- Draw another circle below both figures.
- Draw a smaller circle next to the last one.
- Connect all figures with a line, and erase extra lines
- Let’s draw our horse’s legs by drawing two rounded rectangles.
- Draw the mane by drawing curvy lines on the top of the head and the side of the neck. Also draw a tail!
- Draw curvy lines for the muzzle and hooves, two small circles for the eyes, and the ears.
- You’re done! You can add more details if you want to, too.
I recommend printing these instructions because it’s easier to follow each step with a visual example.
Download How to Draw a Horse Here:
More easy drawing tutorials:
- How to draw a butterfly tutorial for kids who are obsessed with these colorful insects!
- Why not try learning how to draw a cat too?
- You can learn how to draw a dog with this easy tutorial.
- And my favorite: how to draw Baby Yoda tutorial!
Need drawing supplies? Here are some kid favorites:
- For drawing the outline, a simple pencil can work great.
- Colored pencils are great for coloring in the bat.
- Create a bolder, solid look using fine markers.
- Gel pens come in any color you can imagine.
This post contains affiliate links.
You can find THOUSANDS of awesome coloring pages for kids & adults here. Enjoy!
More horse fun from Kids Activities Blog
- These easy horse coloring pages are perfect for preschoolers…
- While this detailed horse zentangle coloring page is best for more advanced coloring skills.
- Watch this adorable video of a horse acting like a nanny and rocking a crying baby.
- Learn and color 20 facts about our favorite mythical horse-y creature with these unicorn fact coloring pages.
How did your horse drawing turn out?