Finally, Shark Week is back! It’s one of the most anticipated TV events for kids and adults alike.
We love Shark Week because we get to learn all about sharks, like what the hammerhead shark eats, where the great white shark lives, and cool facts about other shark species, fish, and the ocean.
One of the best learning activities to get your kids introduced to science and wildlife is through free printables! Adding easy kid crafts to your homeschooling schedule will make learning more exciting and interactive for everyone.
Shark Week Free Printable
Preschool coloring pages are a fantastic way to stimulate your children’s creativity and help them express themselves, all while practicing pattern recognition.
Especially with kid coloring pages, you can prepare your preschoolers for school while having fun in an artistic way.
Make Shark Week more interesting with fin-tastic (see what I did there? fin + fantastic! fin-tastic!) Shark facts!
Shark Facts for Kids
- Shark Books: The Ultimate Shark Book for Kids
- Shark Lady: The True Story of How Eugenie Clark Became the Ocean’s Most Fearless Scientist
- Super Shark Encyclopedia
- Shark (DK Eyewitness Books)
For example… did you know that the biggest fish in the world is the Whale shark? It weighs about 90,000 pounds!
Just so you can get an idea of how big it is… The average African elephant will weigh between 5,000 to 14,000 pounds. Wow!
Going back to our coloring pages, grab some pencils, download our Shark Week Printable Pictures to Color and you’re all ready for a colorful afternoon! This pack includes 5 different sharks to print and color.
Coloring Book Pages
If you are looking for kids activities to keep your little ones busy and learning, we recommend coloring as it is a very relaxing and fun activity that kids can enjoy at home, on a car ride, or at a restaurant. Just grab cool drawings to color, your favorite crayons or colored pencils, and your kids will be ready for a quiet afternoon!
Hungry for more Shark Week Fun?
- Make an adorable origami shark bookmark.
- Yummy! These shark snacks are delicious!
- Find inspiration to make the coolest shark craft.
- Turn a cereal box into an awesome and unique shark pinata.
- Get ready for shark week with scary shark treats!
- Turn a paper plate into a paper shark.
- Decorate your fridge with a homemade shark magnet.
- Kids will love making these shark teeth crafts that you can make together.
- Make cute and delicious shark lollipops for a refreshing summer snack.
- Celebrate shark week with shark week coloring pages.
- This shark paper plate is perfect for kids of all ages.
- Your kids will love nap time with this kids sharks bedding!
- Yummy! Enjoy this cute shark mac & cheese for lunch.
- Get artistic and start painting with this adorable shark baby song art kit!
- You’ll be amazed when you hear about sharks in underwater volcano.