Stuck-at-Home Journal: That Time My Dog Faked an Injury!
Dogs truly are a gift. Not only do they add a ton of love to our lives, they can even make us laugh during a pandemic!
That Time My Dog Faked an Injury… Seriously the Funniest Memory in My Stuck-at-Home Journal So Far!
Oh Panda. <–our frenchie who is 6 years old.
She just looked so pitiful limping around. Actually, it was worse than that. She was walking on three legs only avoiding any weight bearing on the back right leg.
Whenever she limps, it is followed by every member of our family freaking out.
This is because Panda had knee surgery a few years ago on her back left leg. Her patella (knee cap) wasn’t staying in the right place which is more common in dogs than you might think and often will happen on both back legs.
After Panda’s surgery, we were supposed to keep her “non-weight bearing” for over a month.
Have I mentioned that Panda has NO self-monitoring ability?
She is incapable of good decision making.
And did not understand why everyone in the world was trying to keep her down.
It was an awful, impossible task that took hours a day to manage.
No one in our house including Panda wants to repeat it.
Back To the Limp On the RIGHT Side…
She would stop at the bottom of the stairs to be picked up and carried up.
She would stop at the top of the stairs to be picked up and carried down.
All of a sudden, Panda needed to be carried everywhere.
Three days into this royal Panda procession throughout the homeland, I had her next to me on the back porch while I was reading a book.
I had carried her outside, lifted her down to the grassy area so she could relieve herself and then picked her up and brought her back to the chair where I was sitting.
All of a sudden, a dog walked by.
And Panda sprung from her resting position and vaulted onto the grass next to the fence.
She ran full speed up and down the fence chasing the dog.
Without a limp.
She either had a miraculous healing…or I have been played.
Fun Things to Do While You’re Stuck at Home
- Check out these kids education websites offering free subscriptions.
- Help your kids learn how to make bubbles at home!
- My kids are obsessed with these active indoor games.
- These crafts for kids are so fun and easy!
- Learn how to make headbands with buttons.
- Make reading even more fun with this PB kids summer reading challenge.
- You won’t believe why parents are gluing pennies on shoes.
- Rawr! Here are some of our favorite dinosaur crafts.
- Get kids off technology and back to basics with learning worksheets you can print at home.
- Make being stuck at home fun with our favorite indoor games for kids.
- Have fun coloring our awesome Fortnite coloring pages.
- Make a batch of these Edible Harry Potter Wizard Wands, with this recipe from The Nerd’s Wife, and then have a Harry Potter movie marathon!
- Your will love these fun halloween games for kids!