Stuck-at-Home Journal: Pandemic Exhaustion is Real
There is no exhaustion like pandemic exhaustion. I’ve been thinking about that a lot while writing in my stuck-at-home journal this week.
Why is Doing Nothing so Exhausting?
It was what was running through my head last Sunday as I exhibited potato status on my couch.
I had just binge watched the first 10 episodes of House from 2005.
I can feel your judgement…and I am at peace with it.
Living a life during a pandemic isn’t something that anyone wrote a manual for. Hopefully the manuals written by smarter people than me during this one won’t be needed in the future.
The devastation to “normal” is immense. <–and that doesn’t even count the actual virus.
Even without being sick, we are in survival mode.
Has everyone eaten?
Do we have toilet paper?
Are you feeling OK?
Taking a little vacation from survival mode is absolutely allowed.
It is encouraged.
In retrospect, I might recommend something a little less “medical” for your pandemic vacation than House, but fitting in a little time for nothing helps us recognize the invisible weight that has been placed on us all by a tiny virus.
Today’s picture was taken last night. Panda and I walked to our “beach” on Lake Grapevine and hung out to watch the sun go down. There were a handful of big sailboats crossing the lake in the breeze. It was a lovely evening to take a deep breath.
Fun Things To Do While You’re Stuck at Home
- Check out these kids education websites offering free subscriptions.
- Help your kids learn how to make bubbles at home!
- My kids are obsessed with these active indoor games.
- These crafts for kids are so fun and easy!
- Learn how to make headbands with buttons.
- Make reading even more fun with this PB kids summer reading challenge.
- You won’t believe why parents are gluing pennies on shoes.
- Rawr! Here are some of our favorite dinosaur crafts.
- Get kids off technology and back to basics with learning worksheets you can print at home.
- Make being stuck at home fun with our favorite indoor games for kids.
- Have fun coloring our awesome Fortnite coloring pages.
- Make a batch of these Edible Harry Potter Wizard Wands, with this recipe from The Nerd’s Wife, and then have a Harry Potter movie marathon!
- Your will love these fun halloween games for kids!