Writing in my stuck-at-home journal this week has brought on so much nostalgia during quarantine!
Quarantine Leads to Nostalgic Thinking and Writing
I have been a little mushy lately.
OK, let’s make it sound fancy and call it “nostalgic”.
Partially it is because my boys are all now teenagers and they are haven’t been following me around asking tons of questions and ignoring the whole concept of “personal space”.
Partially it is because I have a few extra minutes in my day…
When I think back to some of my favorite memories, they are usually simple moments where something sweet or funny happened.
We spend most of our life in those kinda in-between, thow-away minutes…
…the minutes of waiting, on-the-way-to, preparing-for, and in-anticipation-of something.
Those are the minutes that are our gift right now.
Those rushed, inconsequential and often forgotten minutes have been handed to us at home surrounded by the ones we love wrapped in the bow of boredom.
It makes my heart happy to think that those bored-together, simple moments can turn into a new set of memories.
Panda is going to need dog psycho-therapy when the quarantine is over…
Fun Things to Do While Your Stuck at Home
- Check out these kids education websites offering free subscriptions.
- Help your kids learn how to make bubbles at home!
- My kids are obsessed with these active indoor games.
- These crafts for kids are so fun and easy!
- Learn how to make headbands with buttons.
- Make reading even more fun with this PB kids summer reading challenge.
- You won’t believe why parents are gluing pennies on shoes.
- Rawr! Here are some of our favorite dinosaur crafts.
- Get kids off technology and back to basics with learning worksheets you can print at home.
- Make being stuck at home fun with our favorite indoor games for kids.
- Have fun coloring our awesome Fortnite coloring pages.
- Make a batch of these Edible Harry Potter Wizard Wands, with this recipe from The Nerd’s Wife, and then have a Harry Potter movie marathon!
- Your will love these fun halloween games for kids!