We are living through a once in a lifetime (hopefully!) experience. I plan to document as much as possible in my Stuck at Home Quarantine Journal!
Stuck at Home Quarantine Journal: Quarantine 15…I Figured it Out
Last night at dinner, my husband commented that I must have worked up a hearty appetite. Which we all know is code for, “hey, maybe we should breathe between bites.”
My current wardrobe is all stretchy band pants. No judgement here.
If you see your stay-at-home spouse eating like they should be featured on Wild Kingdom, back off. We are hungry by evening.
We have spent all day feeding the offspring.
I get up in the morning, and make sure all three kids are ready for the day and fed. Then, I get them set up on school activities, and get myself ready for the day. They need help with their schoolwork, so I have to make my shower a quick one! Two extra minutes to shave my armpits is now a luxury.
Then, I tackle questions for three completely different grade levels, start lunch, and reheat my tea for the third time.
Next, I have to set up for gym class, then make the afternoon schedules, learn about volcanoes, and then it’s on to Van Gogh and the Pythagorean Theorem.
Crap! I forgot to get the chicken out of the freezer. Let me pop that into the microwave to thaw. Oops! Have to take my tea out of the microwave first.
Before I know it, it’s time to clean up from today’s activities. Switch laundry. Get supper on the table.
As the first bite hits my mouth, I realize I never fed myself all day long. So, at supper, natural instinct kicks in, and I calorie load.
I think the quarantine 15 is just us stay at home parents stocking up on calories, like a bear getting ready for hibernation.
Trust me–we will shed it once everything opens up again. And by everything, I mean Target!
Fun Things to Do While You’re Stuck at Home During Lockdown
- Check out these kids education websites offering free subscriptions.
- Help your kids learn how to make bubbles at home!
- My kids are obsessed with these active indoor games.
- These crafts for kids are so fun and easy!
- Learn how to make headbands with buttons.
- Make reading even more fun with this PB kids summer reading challenge.
- You won’t believe why parents are gluing pennies on shoes.
- Rawr! Here are some of our favorite dinosaur crafts.
- Get kids off technology and back to basics with learning worksheets you can print at home.
- Make being stuck at home fun with our favorite indoor games for kids.
- Have fun coloring our awesome Fortnite coloring pages.
- Make a batch of these Edible Harry Potter Wizard Wands, with this recipe from The Nerd’s Wife, and then have a Harry Potter movie marathon!
- Your will love these fun halloween games for kids!
How have you been finding time for you during these busy days? Comment below!