We are living through a historic time, and I want to make sure I document as much as possible during lockdown in my Stuck at Home Quarantine Journal!
Stuck at Home Quarantine Journal: Today is Brought to You By the Letters CH for Charger
If I have to hear the words “charger” or “block” on more time, I am going to scream.
All three of my children need charged iPads for their school work. Plus, the teenager absolutely cannot be out of arms’ reach of her phone.
The Charger Struggle
All of our apple chargers look the same. Those plain little white blocks. But heaven forbid someone uses the wrong one.
All day long I become the mediator of “she stole my block.”
“Mom, he lost my block.”
“Mom where is my block?”
“Mom I need a block.”
Remember how when your kids were little and if you gave them the blue cup instead of the red one, it was a complete melt down for the next hour? Because they swore the apple juice tasted different.
Yea, try putting a block in front of them and they know it isn’t theirs.
Spoiler Alert… No One is Happy
I swear the only explanation is that they actually mark them with their scent somehow.
Finally get them all set with the dang blocks and then they want to use the same outlet. I am sitting here in my living room looking around and there are 5 open outlets. Each having two plug in spots. So that is 10 options. Whether you use common core or common sense that is more than enough for 3 iPad.
And don’t get me started on cords. Mistake of the year was buying a pack on Amazon that had assorted colors.
The 5-year-old wants whatever the 9-year-old wants. The teenager wants whatever matches her outfit of the day, just in case it shows up on the zoom call with her friends.
So my advice for you today is all white blocks. Sharpie their initials on that baby. And everyone gets the same color cords.
Fun Things to Do While You’re Stuck at Home During Lockdown
- Check out these kids education websites offering free subscriptions.
- Help your kids learn how to make bubbles at home!
- My kids are obsessed with these active indoor games.
- These crafts for kids are so fun and easy!
- Learn how to make headbands with buttons.
- Make reading even more fun with this PB kids summer reading challenge.
- You won’t believe why parents are gluing pennies on shoes.
- Rawr! Here are some of our favorite dinosaur crafts.
- Get kids off technology and back to basics with learning worksheets you can print at home.
- Make being stuck at home fun with our favorite indoor games for kids.
- Have fun coloring our awesome Fortnite coloring pages.
- Make a batch of these Edible Harry Potter Wizard Wands, with this recipe from The Nerd’s Wife, and then have a Harry Potter movie marathon!
- Your will love these fun halloween games for kids!
Have you been dealing with the charger struggle in your house during lockdown? Comment below!