We have been in lockdown for quite a few weeks now, are you on the hunt for fun quarantine reading for kids? You have to check out Katie Reed‘s new May 1st release, Wizard and the Lizard Wacky Weather!
Quarantine Reading for Kids – Wizard and the Lizard: Wacky Weather
This post contains affiliate links.
I have been reading a ton with my daughter during lockdown. That has actually been one of the silver linings in all of this–more time to enjoy good books together! We got our hands on a copy of Wizard and Lizard: Wacky Weather and loved it!
Wizard and Buddy have planned a picnic, but there is just one problem; there is a huge storm outside! As the storm gets worse, Wizard decides to build a weather machine, So, Wizard and Buddy get to work, hoping to change the weather. However, things don’t quite go as planned. Wizard and Buddy learn a valuable lesson about what they cannot control and are rewarded with an unexpected surprise!
Author, Katie Reed, feels that this story ties in perfectly with the current state of the world. She hopes it gives children hope, and shows that even though we can’t control the “storm” of COVID-19, we can control our outlook and how we help others. Katie will be donating half of her royalties during the first three months of release to the CDC Foundation for COVID-19 research and relief.
You can order your copy of Wizard and Lizard: Wacky Weather here. It is being released today, 5/1/20!
Free Wizard and the Lizard: Wacky Weather Coloring Page
Celebrate the release of Wizard and the Wizard: Wacky Weather by printing this free coloring page! There are a few to choose from, even a blank window. Katie Reed, the author, hopes your kiddos can let their imagination roam wild, creating a crazy storm of their own, like the one in the book!
More Quarantine Reading for Kids Book 1: Wizard and the Lizard
This is the first book of the series, and the introduction to the fun world of wizard and lizard! My daughter and I also loved this one! Check out Katie’s website for free Wizard and Lizard printable coloring pages to go along with this book, too.
Buddy the Lizard wished to become a dragon fierce and strong. His best friend Wizard thinks he is perfectly perfect just the way he is, but agrees to help him transform into a dragon… Will Buddy become the dragon he yearns to be? Or will Buddy realize he was perfectly perfect all along?
About the Author Katie Reed
Katie has always been a fan of fantasy. As a child, she fell in love with Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings books and movies. She loves wizards like Gandalf and Dumbledore who subtly teach lessons and are good role models for the younger characters. She also wanted her wizard to have a sidekick. A lizard came to mind quickly because it rhymed with wizard!
Fun Things To Do While You’re Stuck At Home on Lockdown
- Check out these kids education websites offering free subscriptions.
- Help your kids learn how to make bubbles at home!
- My kids are obsessed with these active indoor games.
- These crafts for kids are so fun and easy!
- Learn how to make headbands with buttons.
- Make reading even more fun with this PB kids summer reading challenge.
- You won’t believe why parents are gluing pennies on shoes.
- Rawr! Here are some of our favorite dinosaur crafts.
- Get kids off technology and back to basics with learning worksheets you can print at home.
- Make being stuck at home fun with our favorite indoor games for kids.
- Have fun coloring our awesome Fortnite coloring pages.
- Make a batch of these Edible Harry Potter Wizard Wands, with this recipe from The Nerd’s Wife, and then have a Harry Potter movie marathon!
- Your will love these fun halloween games for kids!
Have you been reading a lot during quarantine? What is your favorite book that you have read to your kids? Comment below!