Julie Andrews is an entertainer through and through. She may have become famous for her roles in Mary Poppins and the Sound of Music movies, but she has also authored more than 30 children’s books with her daughter. Now the inspiring actress and writer is sharing her love of books and reading in a new way. Julie Andrews is launching a podcast called “Julie’s Library: Story Time with Julie Andrews.”
What to Expect from “Julie’s Library”
Award-winning writer Emma Walton Hamilton will join her mom on the “Julie’s Library” podcast, and the mother-daughter duo plan to read some of their favorite children’s books. The literacy podcast promises to be an immersive reading experience, as they bring the stories to life by including music and sounds. They’ve promised some special guest appearances too.
View this post on Instagram
I am absolutely delighted to share a sneak preview @JuliesLibraryShow, my upcoming #storytime #podcast co-hosted by my daughter, author Emma Walton Hamilton. Starting April 29th, you can join us every Wednesday to hear a new #book. We can’t wait to read with you! Listen on #ApplePodcasts at the link in our profile.
While the podcast is designed for kids age 4 to 10 years old, I have a feeling this podcast will be a joy to listen to for young and older readers alike. Reading, as Julie Andrews says, is a family affair after all. As she told American Public Media:
“When I became a parent, I passed the love of reading on to my children… and our shared passion for the power of storytelling, literacy, and the arts remains fervent. It is our hope that the stories and ideas we share on Julie’s Library will provide family listening pleasure, inspire meaningful conversations, and be a trusted resource for literary enjoyment and learning.”
Julie Andrews may have lost her singing voice in a vocal cord surgery in 1997, but she’s found a voice through her writing and books. And we’re thrilled that she’s sharing her voice once again with us through this fabulous story time.
How to Listen to Julie Andrews’s Story Time Podcast
“Julie’s Library” launches on Wednesday, April 29, 2020. Since so many people are staying at home right now, they decided to release the first six podcasts on launch day. Later this year, they plan to release even more story time adventures through “Julie’s Library.” The podcast is available through Julie’s Library Show website as well as other podcast platforms. On her website, parents can also sign up to receive book recommendations from the Dame herself.
Here’s hoping they’ll be reading from some of their own books too on “Julie’s Library.” In our house, we adore “The Very Fairy Princess” books, and I can’t wait for Julie Andrews and Emma Walton Hamilton to bring them to life!
RELATED STUCK AT HOME POSTS:
- Explore these awesome virtual museum tours.
- Headbands with buttons for nurses is a fun project!
- These easy dinner ideas give you one less thing to worry about.
- Try these fun edible playdough recipes!
- Sew masks for nurses or make masks without sewing.
- Make a homemade bidet.
- Learn how to homeschool preschool.
- Apply for a scholarship to Codeacademy.
- Print off educational worksheets for kids!
- Set up a neighborhood bear hunt. Your kids will love it!
- Play these 50 science games for kids.
- Prepare for the week by making 5 dinners in 1 hour!
- You know you need these LEGO storage ideas.
- Make a headband for attaching masks.
- Check out these Zoom hacks as you work and homeschool!
- Check out these amazing five minute crafts.
- Try these these cool Halloween party games for kids!