Stuck at Home Quarantine Journal: Home School First Day Findings
We are living through a historic time, and I want to make sure I document as much as possible during lockdown in my Stuck at Home Quarantine Journal!
Stuck at Home Quarantine Journal: Home School First Day Findings During Lockdown
First thing might be the most important. Get dressed. Even though you cannot go anywhere right now due to lockdown, shuttering, or whatever you call it–get dressed. Brush your hair.
Because as you make your way across the living room, in your night gown older than your first born (who is now in college), you will hear giggles because a bunch of 14-year-olds just saw you.
Zoom meetings. Virtual classroom. Mom fail number 1. First Day. Not even an hour went by.
Set up a lunch menu. For the love of all that is Holy DO NOT ASK THEM WHAT THEY WANT FOR LUNCH.
I had 2 in tears, and one in the fetal position. My left eye hasn’t stopped twitching since noon.
Pretty sure it was teachers that led the revolution to legalize marijuana. I know my mind could use some medicinal calming after learning rhyming with the 5-year-old, all about the Arctic fox with the 9-year-old, and teaching the 14-year-old how to simplify equations with fractions and negative exponents. Did you remember negative exponents were even a thing?
I learned my 5-year-old thinks the flap in front of his boxer briefs is still a pocket. So, if you ever come over and he offers you anything and he says “it was in my pocket”, politely say no.
Tonight’s agenda: make supper and have everyone enjoy at least one part, and then attempt to get through a family art class without tears, and without body parts being glued to furniture… or other people’s body parts.
FUN THINGS TO DO WHILE YOU’RE STUCK AT HOME DURING LOCKDOWN
- Check out these kids education websites offering free subscriptions.
- Help your kids learn how to make bubbles at home!
- My kids are obsessed with these active indoor games.
- These crafts for kids are so fun and easy!
- Learn how to make headbands with buttons.
- Make reading even more fun with this PB kids summer reading challenge.
- You won’t believe why parents are gluing pennies on shoes.
- Rawr! Here are some of our favorite dinosaur crafts.
- Get kids off technology and back to basics with learning worksheets you can print at home.
- Make being stuck at home fun with our favorite indoor games for kids.
- Have fun coloring our awesome Fortnite coloring pages.
- Make a batch of these Edible Harry Potter Wizard Wands, with this recipe from The Nerd’s Wife, and then have a Harry Potter movie marathon!
- Your will love these fun halloween games for kids!
Have you started a quarantine journal? Comment below!