It never occurred to me that you could actually make homemade fruit roll ups.
I’m here to tell you that you can!
First, the inspiration: While thumbing through a magazine at the doctor’s office, I happened across a recipe for strawberry fruit leather. It looked super easy, so I whipped out my cell phone and typed the recipe into my notes section.
My kids loved making this recipe!
And I know from previous experience that when they make it, they are much more likely to actually eat it.
Plus, this is a great way to get an extra bit of fruit into their diets!
We used strawberries, although you could easily use apricots, blackberries, or any other type of fruit that your kids like.
WHAT YOU NEED FOR FRUIT ROLL-UPS
3 cups strawberries
1 tablespoon honey (you may want to use more, depending on how sweet or tart your fruit is; you can use sugar as well)
HOW TO MAKE FRUIT ROLL UPS
Then, puree the mixture of strawberries and honey.
Lay a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet (make sure it has a lip!).
Next, bake at 250 degrees for 2-3 hours, and then let it sit overnight.
Was that easy or what?!
Homemade fruit rollups are a super fun treat your kids will adore!
- 3 cups strawberries
- 1 tablespoon honey (You may want to use more, depending on how sweet or tart your fruit is; you can use sugar as well.)
1. Wash and de-stem the strawberries.
2. Place the chopped strawberries into the blender. Add the honey.
3. Puree the mixture of strawberries and honey.
4. Lay a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
5. Spread your pureed fruit onto the cooking sheet in a thin layer.
6. Bake at 250 degrees for 2-3 hours, and then let it sit overnight.
7. Cut into strips and voila, you have homemade fruit roll ups!
OTHER ACTIVITIES KIDS LOVE:
- Make your own headband with buttons for mask.
- Check out our favorite halloween games.
- You will love playing these 50 science games for kids!
- My kids are obsessed with these active indoor games.
- 5-minute crafts solve boredom every time.
- These fun facts for kids are sure to impress.
- Join one of your kids’ favorite authors or illustrators for online story time!
- Throw a unicorn party… because why not? These ideas are so fun!
- Learn how to make a compass.
- Create an Ash Ketchum costume for play pretend!
- Kids love unicorn slime.
- Throw a baby shark party!
- Make a homemade bouncy ball.
- Make reading even more fun with this PBKids summer reading challenge.