This holiday season, turn kids’ artwork into a Christmas ornament for the perfect gift. These customized kids art keepsakes make great gifts for grandparents, aunts and uncles, and even teachers!
How Turn Kids Art Into A Christmas Ornament
When we first wrote this article in 2018 a company called PhotoBall was printing logos and artwork onto round Christmas ornaments through their website. They no longer provide Christmas ornament printing there, but we found them on Amazon and have added some additional ways to get a similar artwork ornament finished product.
Pictures Turned Christmas Ornaments
Nearly any company that prints photos will now also place that photo on a Christmas ornament. You may not have thought beyond the family photo for this service, but transferring your child’s artwork into a photo file will open a ton of artwork Christmas ornaments up to you!
To create your ornament, simply upload a photo or scan of your child’s artwork into the photo’s site design area, choose the Christmas ornament you want, crop and edit the photo and then push the place order button!
Holiday Ornament Traditions
Here are some of our favorite ways to incorporate a custom photo ornament into your holidays:
1. Make a Yearly Christmas Tradition of a New Ornament
Begin a new tradition! Scan your favorite piece of artwork your child brought home from school each year and watch as their talents grow year-to-year.
2. Make a Collective Keepsake Ornament to Give
Make a keepsake. Have every student in your child’s class sign a piece of paper. Scan it and upload it to create an ornament their teacher will cherish.
3. Memorialize Your Yearly Christmas Card on an Ornament
Memorialize your card. You spend all year capturing your family photo for your Christmas card — put it on an ornament every year, too.
4. Celebrate Milestones with a Custom Ornament
Celebrate milestones. Record baby’s first Christmas, wedding photos, and more by adding these memories to a photo ornament.
5. Make a Customized Pet Christmas Ornaments
Don’t forget your pets! How cute would it be to put your puppy or kitten on a photo ornament?
Add More Ornament Customization After Printing
- For even more fun, have your child draw directly on the ornament with Sharpie markers.
- They can draw pictures, write their names, write messages, the possibilities are endless.
- This is a super fun way to get them involved. You could have them draw a cool frame around their artwork or sign the ornament.
Add Artwork to Regular Ornament
They can even dress up a blank one!
Each ornament comes ready-to-hang in a clear acrylic box that is great for gift wrapping.
My son, Andrew, is so excited to give his artwork ornaments as gifts this year. There’s still time to order yours, too!
Places to Buy Custom Artwork Ornaments
- The round ornaments pictured in this article can be found and purchased here.
- Hundreds of additional options can be found here.
More Homemade Ornaments from Kids Activities Blog
- If you loved this DIY popsicle stick ornament, then you definitely won’t want to miss this awesome list of Christmas ornaments kids can make!
- We have over 100 Christmas crafts kids can make.
- Homemade ornaments have never been easier…clear ornament ideas!
- Make the cutest popsicle stick snowflakes that can be turned into Christmas tree ornaments.
- Easy salt dough ornament you can make.
- Pipe cleaner Christmas crafts turn into ornaments to hang on the Christmas tree.
- One of our favorite painted Christmas ornaments starts with clear glass ornaments.
What kids artwork are you going to turn into a holiday ornament this year?