Get Started Using Essential Oils (What You Need)
If you want to get started using essential oils, you might not be sure where to begin! What items will you need in order to start using essential oils? What are the most popular oils? Is there anything that you must have before you start? Although what you plan to do with your essential oils will ultimately determine what supplies you will need, there are a few basic essential oil supplies that you might find yourself needing.
This blog post contains affiliate links.
Why use essential oils?
Essential oils have so many uses. They can be used in the kitchen, to make homemade cleaner solutions, in skin care products like homemade lip balm, and as insect repellents, you can even make your own soaps and lotion bars with essential oil blends. No matter what you need, you probably can use different essential oils to find a solution.
Our favorite essential oil supplier is Young Living, as they make the best quality essential oils, essential oil diffusers, and other aromatherapy supplies you’ll probably want to have at hand. You don’t need a lot to get ready at making your own essential oil recipes, but here’s a good place to start.
WHAT YOU NEED TO GET STARTED USING ESSENTIAL OILS
- Essential oils – You will want to start out with a few high quality, 100% pure essential oils until you find your favorite essential oils. If you plan to use essential oils in your cooking, you will also want to make sure that you are using Food Grade quality, which are approved by the FDA for consumption. Although you can select whichever essential oils you’d like, some of the most popular choices include lavender, Frankincense, orange, lemon, rosemary, geranium, tea tree, and peppermint. As you become more experienced with essential oils, you will likely build your own collection even further.
- Carrier oils – Also known as “base oils”. Since you must always dilute essential oils before using them, it’s important to invest in some carrier oils. This is what you will use to dilute your essential oils before using them topically, creating solutions, or in your cooking. Some great carrier oils to consider include coconut oil, cocoa butter olive oil, almond oil, castor oil, jojoba oil, and avocado oil.
- Beeswax and shea butter – Although beeswax and shea butter aren’t always necessary to buy at first, they may be – depending on what you want to do with essential oils. If you plan to make any homemade lip balms or candles, you’ll need beeswax. Shea butter can also be used to make homemade lip balms, moisturizing creams, and other beauty products. The great thing is that there are so many essential oil DIY recipes online for you to try.
- Glass bottles – When you begin making your own solutions, you will need to have a way to store them. You can get them in different sizes depending on what you’ll be using them for. Glass spray bottles are a good option to increase their shelf life. Not only can you use these when you create your own DIY cleaning solutions, but you can also use them for air fresheners or homemade body sprays. You can also get roller bottles to store your favorite fragrance oils.
- Measuring spoons – When you dilute your essential oils, you will need to have a way to measure them. Since not all essential oils are safe for consumption, you will want to keep these measuring spoons separate from the ones you cook with.
- Storage box – It’s important to keep your essential oils stored in a safe location. You will want to make sure your children and pets are unable to get into them. An essential oil storage box is a great way to keep them safe.
- Silicone molds – Although you don’t need them, they will be useful when you decide to make a personal care product such as lotion bars.
- Mason jars – Useful to store sugar scrubs with essential oils for a long time.
These are just some of the essential oil accessories and essential oil tools you will want to include to get started using essential oils, but don’t stop here. You’ll probably find that once you get started you want to continue adding new things to your essential oil collection, such as essential oil diffuser jewelry, a travel case, and other related products.
WANT MORE ESSENTIAL OIL TIPS? TRY THESE IDEAS:
- Let’s learn how much water to dilute essential oils for kids.
- Are essential oils safe for consumption and other common questions regarding essential oils are answered here!
- These are the best essential oils for bathroom smells and cleaning tips.
- Did you know you can use essential oils for ailments?
If you’re reading this and already have one, do you see something we’re missing?
Oh, great, your article gives me useful information and a fresh perspective on the subject.
Thanks for your article! I have read through some similar topics! However, your post has given me a very special impression, unlike other posts. I hope you continue to have valuable articles like this or more to share with everyone!
I have read through some similar topics! However, your post has given me a very special impression, unlike other posts. I hope you continue to have valuable articles like this or more to share with everyone!
Thanks for your article and as I have read your post is really great. If you use this oil in you day to day life so it will be better for you.
The Department of Higher Secondary Education is primarily responsible for the management of SSLC Result Kerala. The results will be available online under the precise care of Education Minister Professor C Ravindranath.