Tenderloin with Pear-Cran Chutney may sound fancy, but it’s an easy-to make, lean, healthy lunch option packed full of flavor for just 231 calories per serving!
It’s tart, it’s sweet, it’s a mouthful of lean meat. Looking to break away from ordinary lunches? In under 20 minutes, you can whip this recipe up for a tasty change of pace!
Ingredients for Tenderloin with Pear-Cran Chutney
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks
- 1 tbsp light cooking oil (I use Grapeseed)
- 1/2 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp of grape juice (100% juice)
- 2 firm ripe pears peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (your choice of dark/light)
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
Directions for Tenderloin with Pear-Cran Chutney
- Add 1 tbsp of oil to 12-inch skillet and place over medium-high heat. Once smoke rises from oil, add the onion, garlic, and juice. Sauté for about 3 minutes, until onion is tender but not brown.
- Add the pears, cranberries, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Transfer chutney to a bowl and set aside.
- Bring the heat back up to medium and add the beef to the skillet. Cook for about 4 minutes on each side.
- Serve with the chutney.
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Calories 231 kcal
Protein 25 g
Fat 5 g
Carb 21 g
Fiber 20 g
Sugar 8 g