We love Tex-Mex recipes in my home — I think it may be one of our favorites! These 5 Yummy Tex-Mex Dinner Recipes Your Family Will Love are the perfect answer to “what’s for dinner?”
5 Yummy Tex-Mex Dinner Recipes Your Family Will Love
This post contains affiliate links.
Tex-Mex Black Bean and Corn Salad Dinner Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups frozen Corn Kernels
- 2 15-oz. cans of Black Beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 2 Tomatoes chopped
- 6 Green Onions thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh Lime Juice
- A teaspoon of Salt
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- A Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Cayenne Pepper
- An Avocado (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Cilantro optional
Burnt Macaroni‘s Black Bean and Corn Salad is a perfect side dish or starter. It even works as a meal!
Mexican Rice Dinner Recipe
- 2 cups long grain Rice
- 1/4 cup Oil
- Tomato Sauce (8 oz can)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 4 cups Water + 1 Chicken flavored Bouillon Cubes
- 1 teaspoon Garlic, minced
- Dash Cumin
- Cilantro (optional)
- Dash Garlic Pepper
Head on over to Lil Luna to check out this amazing restaurant-style recipe!
Mexican Stuffed Peppers
- 1 package prepared Spanish Rice
- A Tomato, diced
- 1 pound Ground Beef, browned
- Red or Green Bell Peppers
- 1 1/2 cups Mexican Cheese, shredded
- Fresh Cilantro
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- First, preheat the oven to 350°.
- Next, prepare the peppers by slicing off the top and removing any seeds, or ribs, inside.
- Place the peppers in a baking pan, fill the bottom with water. Then, place in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until soft.
- Next, follow the directions for the pre-made Spanish Rice. Cooke, and then set aside.
- In a saucepan, brown the ground beef. Drain the fat and add the diced tomatoes. Then, season with salt and pepper.
- Then, combine the meat, tomatoes, and the Spanish Rice.
- Fill the peppers with the meat/rice mixture.
- Sprinkle the top with cheese.Then, place back into the oven for 10-15 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Serve warm.
Tex-Mex Dinner Recipe: Chicken Enchiladas
- 1 Tablespoon Butter, melted
- 8 Corn Tortillas
- 1 Tablespoon Flour
- A 10-oz can of Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- A cup of Chicken Broth
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- A medium Onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups Rotisserie Chicken, cubed
- A 4-oz. can of Green Chiles, drained
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 2 cups Mexican Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Queso Fresco Cheese, crumbled
Head on over to Wisconsin Cheese Talk for the yummy recipe!
Black Bean Tacos Recipe
If you love black beans and tacos, Burnt Macaroni‘s Black Bean Taco recipe is for you! It’s light and fresh–perfect for dinner tonight!
Some Of Our Favorite Kitchen Products
Half the fun of experimenting in the kitchen is trying out new kitchen gadgets! Here are some of our must-have items. They make excellent gifts for foodies!
- Fresh Baby Ice Cube Trays with lids
- Cuisinart Food Processor
- The I Heart Naptime Cookbook by Jamielyn Nye
- Giant Popcorn bowl
- VillaWare Uno Classic Waffle Maker
- Individual Popcorn bowls
- VillaWare Farmyard Waffle Maker
- Taco Holder
- Pizza Peel
- Hand Blender
- Pizza Wheel (cutter)
- Pyrex Baking Dishes
- Pizza Stone
- Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Double Burner Reversible Grill/Griddle
- Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Stainless 5-1/2-Quart Saute Pan with Helper Handle and Cover
- BPA free lunch containers
- Egg Rite Egg Timer
- Fit and Fresh container
- One Touch Electric Bottle Opener
- Half Pint Wide Mouth Mason Jars
- Ninja Professional Blender
- Zoku Quick Pop Maker
- Plano Half-Size Stowaway with Adjustable Dividers – for road trip snacks
- Curious Chef 3-Piece Nylon Knife Set
- Cuisinart 2 Quart Ice Cream Maker
- Victorinox Fibrox Straight Edge Chef’s Knife, 8-Inch
- Lemon Squeezer
- Mason Jars
- Apple Corer
- Popcorn Bowl
- MaxiMatic double burner hot plate
- Glass Egg carton
- Black & Decker 4 slice toaster
- Hamilton Beach Hand Mixer
- Cuisinart 8-cup Food Processor
- Meat Mallet
- Ice Cream or Cookie Scooper
- Norpro Butter Keeper
- 3-Piece Veggie Peeler
- Garlic Press
Recipes Kids Love
- Making Bread with Kids – 25+ Easy Bread Recipes
- (Simple Suppers) 20+ Slow Cooker Recipes Kids Love
- Eating for Kids: Easy Recipes Your Kids Will Love
- 5 Fun, Kid-Friendly Thanksgiving Recipes
- 50+ Picnic Ideas for Kids
- 5 Easy Homemade Pizza Recipes
- 13 Kid-Approved Chicken Nugget Recipes
What is your favorite Tex-Mex dish? Comment below!